Author Topic: ICQ and unofficial messengers?  (Read 101822 times)

Offline MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

Re: ICQ and unofficial messengers?
« Reply #105 on: 08 01 2019, 18:59:59 »
you probably updated from a very old NG or IM and faced a long password
https://wiki.miranda-ng.org/index.php?title=Plugin:ICQ#Rejected_password

Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion (and thanks for the pointer to the netlog @Mataes ) - the problem is indeed that ICQ rejects the password. However, my PW's always been <8 letters, and just to be on the safe side, I used a fresh install of the nightly and made a new profile using the old number - still no dice.

Edit: Scratch that, used another test account for the netlog by mistake. Actual netlog: https://pastebin.com/iNBrp0L1
« Last Edit: 08 01 2019, 19:04:26 by MarvinTheParanoidAndroid »

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #106 on: 08 01 2019, 21:05:42 »
Can you log to icq.com with this password?

statusDetailCode 1015... basically this is also the wrong password
btw this can mean "suspected account, need phone verification"

Offline sharp

« Reply #107 on: 08 01 2019, 21:46:42 »
Downoad core package
https://www.miranda-ng.org/distr/miranda-ng-alpha-latest.7z
https://www.miranda-ng.org/distr/miranda-ng-alpha-latest_x64.7z

and get necessary dlls from /Libs
place them to your /Miranda_installation_dir/Libs

No need to install runtime, because Miranda store all necessary libs in subfolder

The missing dll is already in the miranda libs folder but it seems to be missing from my computer maybe?

This is the error I get when trying to update:

Do i have to copy that dll found in miranda libs to my computer  C:\Windows\System32 maybe? If yes, is it safe?
« Last Edit: 08 01 2019, 21:53:44 by sharp »

Offline MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

« Reply #108 on: 08 01 2019, 22:17:15 »
Can you log to icq.com with this password?

Yep, page login and web ICQ work (but keep badgering me for my phone number). So no login w/o phone number, anymore?

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #109 on: 08 01 2019, 22:42:47 »
Highly likely (also, starting from May 2019, all messenger operating in Russia must identify users by phone number... ahhh this stupid Russian IT laws)
But you can try to login via Pidgin. It works via old protocol and may show a problem.

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #110 on: 08 01 2019, 22:46:48 »
Do i have to copy that dll found in miranda libs to my computer  C:\Windows\System32 maybe? If yes, is it safe?
It will not help. Seems like api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll just cannot start without SP1. So you need install Win7 SP1 or update every dll, mir and exe manually (and it is pain because work of Miranda NG is guaranteed within the same build, i.e., all plugins of the same compilation are compatible with the core while two adjacent builds can be completely incompatible).

The following users thanked this post: sharp

Offline sergkarn

« Reply #111 on: 09 01 2019, 02:07:21 »
The same problem as Marvin does not connect, the netlog is similar.
statusDetailCode 1015...
The password was 8 characters, changed to another of 8 characters on icq.com.
Phone verification is in the account.
web.icq.com it works, mandarin also connects without problem.
Pidgin cursed when connecting "Unable to add the buddy 1 for unknown reason." and earned...  and there are only 2 contacts left both active.

The following users thanked this post: dartraiden

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #112 on: 09 01 2019, 16:23:41 »
Ticket created, but still no ideas what this mean...

Can you test on clean Miranda NG installation? Create ICQ account in NG, but dont enter UIN/pass. Instead go to protocol options, click "Create new account" (this button also allows you to login by phone number). Enter phone number (linked to your account), request SMS and enter code. Press OK to close registration window, but please do not press OK or Apply in Options window. Just press Cancel.

Try to login.

Offline sergkarn

« Reply #113 on: 10 01 2019, 04:28:44 »
I managed to log into icq. The problem of "statusDetailCode 1015" in my case was solved by changing the time zone in the system (and the corresponding date and time).  ???

Offline sharp

Re:ICQ and unofficial messengers?
« Reply #114 on: 11 01 2019, 17:16:38 »
We are still stuck at using dev version. Can't add or search for contacts... When icq will work in stable version?

Offline dartraiden

Re:ICQ and unofficial messengers?
« Reply #115 on: 11 01 2019, 17:19:23 »
Can't add or search for contacts...
Why? Searching and adding works perfectly (in actual builds).

When icq will work in stable version?
When we fix these horrible bugs.

Offline ellick

« Reply #116 on: 14 01 2019, 15:34:59 »
Is anyone else about ready to give up on ICQ?   It's worthless to me now that I can't see who is actually online at any given time unless they happen to be in the ICQ window.  I realize this behavior isn't Miranda NG's fault but ICQ itself.  I only have a couple of contacts who still use ICQ.  I think maybe I'll try and get them to use the Facebook app instead.  At least that still shows people's online status.

Offline sharp

« Reply #117 on: 21 01 2019, 14:20:38 »
Still no updates for stable build?

Offline seriewoordenaar

« Reply #118 on: 22 01 2019, 16:06:42 »
Is anyone else about ready to give up on ICQ?

I did not gave up on ICQ (yet), but did on Miranda NG.
Why bother with non-working Miranda NG when Pidgin is working fine (for now) as an ICQ client alternative...
 :)

Offline ellick

« Reply #119 on: 26 01 2019, 15:33:04 »
I did not gave up on ICQ (yet), but did on Miranda NG.
Why bother with non-working Miranda NG when Pidgin is working fine (for now) as an ICQ client alternative...
 :)

I tried Pidgin but that does the same thing.  ICQ works in Miranda NG if you install the developer's builds rather than the stable one.

The problem is how ICQ itself is now working.  Even if you use the official ICQ app, it's still hard to tell if someone is actually online at a given time.   They show up as "online" now if they're actively using the ICQ app.   If they go to some other app or window it puts them in to some type of 'away mode" that shows as up as "1 minute ago" or something like that.  You can't tell if they're there or if they logged off or what.   It makes it more like cell phone texting but defeats my whole reason for using ICQ.

I tried Miranda NG, Pidgin and also Trillian.   Trillian actually does the opposite.  It shows your contacts always online whether they logged off or not.  Either way you can't tell if someone is actually there.

Facebook's chat app works like ICQ used to.  It shows people's actual online status.   I'm loathe to use Facebook but it works better for me than ICQ now.
« Last Edit: 26 01 2019, 23:05:07 by ellick »