Author Topic: ICQ and unofficial messengers?  (Read 101839 times)

Offline dartraiden

Re: ICQ and unofficial messengers?
« Reply #60 on: 31 12 2018, 19:36:05 »
If you use Miranda IM, then you somehow can run it? Shortkut on desktop, autorun, etc?

Offline sharp

« Reply #61 on: 31 12 2018, 19:47:23 »
If you use Miranda IM, then you somehow can run it? Shortkut on desktop, autorun, etc?

I mean how do I back up my current miranda IM installation and profile? I don't see it anywhere in Options menu or do I need to do something specific?

Is it just copy and paste the whole folder to another drive?
« Last Edit: 31 12 2018, 19:53:48 by sharp »

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #62 on: 31 12 2018, 19:57:53 »
Yes :)

The following users thanked this post: sharp

Offline Maverick

« Reply #63 on: 31 12 2018, 20:00:01 »
There is an Issue, that a Friend said, im Online since 30+ Hours sometimes, even when i Miranda wasnt running. The newer Versions of the Plugin seem not to log-off properply and that im writing a Message since x Hours.

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #64 on: 31 12 2018, 20:10:30 »
If Friend uses Pidgin, QIP 2012 or some other old client, this is normal. These clients use the old protocol who incorrectly sees the status of clients using the new protocol.

New protocol: Miranda NG, ICQ 10, ICQ Mobile

Old protocol: all others.

Offline Maverick

« Reply #65 on: 01 01 2019, 00:01:13 »
If Friend uses Pidgin, QIP 2012 or some other old client, this is normal. These clients use the old protocol who incorrectly sees the status of clients using the new protocol.

New protocol: Miranda NG, ICQ 10, ICQ Mobile

Old protocol: all others.

Another Problem: After a while, i cant send Messages, i get Timeout Message. This very very annoying. When i click Retry it works. (at least my Message shows up in the Textbox)

Offline iX

« Reply #66 on: 01 01 2019, 10:17:00 »
Hi! :)

When I send few messages to a client (latest Miranda NG development version  -  to the same), witch is currently offline, only the last message is delivered, after the client goes online.. :o
Is this bug or "feature" of the new version of protocol?? :-\  I am pretty sure in old MirandaIM it deliveres few msg...
BTW, what is now the time-limit for holding messages on ICQ server? ???

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #67 on: 01 01 2019, 11:35:06 »

Another Problem: After a while, i cant send Messages, i get Timeout Message. This very very annoying. When i click Retry it works. (at least my Message shows up in the Textbox)
Can you post netlog?

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #68 on: 01 01 2019, 11:36:46 »
Is this bug or "feature" of the new version of protocol??
We need to implement "cloud" history support.

after the client goes online.
User receives notification about new msg and opens client. Client goes online.

Offline iX

« Reply #69 on: 01 01 2019, 12:18:53 »
Seems only Online/Offline statuses implemented yet. Is planned the rest? Away, Invincibility...?

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #70 on: 01 01 2019, 13:19:42 »
ICQv10 protocol doesn't support them. Miranda can set these statuses (and these statuses will be visible from obsolete v8 clients like Pidgin),  but the server sends to Miranda only online/offline statuses so Miranda cannot display them.

v8 and v10 protocols are very different, so v8  clients are not fully compatible with v10 (if we talk about statuses).

Offline hanswurst

Re:ICQ and unofficial messengers?
« Reply #71 on: 01 01 2019, 20:35:50 »
hello guys, i'm a long time user of miranda and i'm only using it for icq protocol, which stopped working at 28.12.18 as announced by the icq service.
the first thing to do was obviously checking if you awesome guys already had an update for that and the wiki said yes. so i updated and received the following error upon start/connection to icq servers:

Code: [Select]
Unable to connect to ICQ login server

Miranda was unable to make a connection with a server. It is likely that the server is down, in which case you should wait for a while and try again later. (error 10061)

then i went on here to find this thread and decided to fully uninstall my client and install a freshly downloaded stable version (0.95.10) and try a connection with a fresh profile, but i get the same error still. the web "client" of icq works fine though. i wonder if slogin.icq.com isn't the login server anymore or what else could be causing this problem.

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #72 on: 01 01 2019, 20:38:05 »
You should install development version.
If your old Miranda was Miranda NG, you can just switch to development version in PluginUpdater settings

The following users thanked this post: hanswurst

Offline Maverick

« Reply #73 on: 01 01 2019, 21:40:24 »
Can you post netlog?

Server signals SSL Shutdown.

Offline hanswurst

« Reply #74 on: 01 01 2019, 22:23:09 »
You should install development version.
If your old Miranda was Miranda NG, you can just switch to development version in PluginUpdater settings

yay this helped, thank you so much !  :THUMBS UP:
reading this thread it sounded like the new features were already in the stable version, but i got that wrong apparently. ::)