Author Topic: ICQ and unofficial messengers?  (Read 101803 times)

Offline ghazan

Re: ICQ and unofficial messengers?
« Reply #45 on: 29 12 2018, 19:27:08 »
mahi,
Why exactly is the intermediate step to 0.94.9 necessary for upgrades from Miranda IM?
because whole version of 0.95 is dedicated to the great database revolution, which ends now. the internal format of mmap database was changed so radically that I decided not to bother with all these obsolete things and dropped support of original Miranda IM database format in 0.95. thus Plugin Updater for Miranda IM updates it first to 0.94.9, i.e. to the latest version compatible with Miranda IM, and only then the converted profile goes to Miranda NG 0.95

The following users thanked this post: dartraiden, mahi

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #46 on: 29 12 2018, 19:29:39 »
So import IM profile via Import to current NG didn't work?

Offline ghazan

« Reply #47 on: 29 12 2018, 19:31:52 »
So import IM profile via Import to current NG didn't work?
Import in Sqlite format will work okay, undoubtedly, direct import in mmap format will fail

The following users thanked this post: dartraiden

Offline the Dark Lord

« Reply #48 on: 30 12 2018, 02:07:51 »
I have fresh report from the field test...
My mom was using still Miranda IM 0.9.17 (which was derived directly from my miranda seven years ago)

So I took my Miranda NG 0.9.5.11 (which is working with many thanks to dartraiedn) as a base... I created a new profile in there, I created new ICQ account in it... Then I turned it online to see if it works... and then I imported all the history and settings from the old IM database. And voila!
After restart it looks, works and acts exactly in the same way as the old Miranda did. Absolutely perfect.

When I tried to import all history and settings to the completely new blank profile without making an ICQ account in it first... it didn't work.
It looked like it is working. It imported settings and contacts and history... and the acknowledge of ICQ protocol being involved... but I cannot get online.
No error message appeared, no failure announcement. I was able to open the change ICQ status offer, but when I selected "online" it didn't do a thing.

But when I created an ICQ account in the new blank profile first... and imported all the history and all the settings second... everything works.
It was direct import from old IM 0.9.17 profile to new NG 0.9.5.11 profile via the import plugin. Within few seconds everything was fully operational.

Offline mahi

« Reply #49 on: 30 12 2018, 10:48:25 »
I've been playing with the development version (0.95.11 alpha build #21116 x64) and noticed a change in offline ICQ messages: Only the last offline message per contact seems to arrive. The others are lost.

Previously, with the old protocol, I could send multiple messages to offline contacts and they would receive them all once they went online. Now I'm sure there was a limit on how many messages could be stored on the ICQ servers but I never hit it. If I now send just "message 1" and "message 2" to an offline contact, only "message 2" arrives once the contact goes online.

Is this a bug in the new alpha ICQ plugin for Miranda or did Mail.ru dumb down the protocol?

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #50 on: 30 12 2018, 10:52:35 »
I now send just "message 1" and "message 2" to an offline contact, only "message 2" arrives once the contact goes online.
Which client on the other side?

I'm just send 3 messages to offline and official client receive all of them.

The following users thanked this post: mahi

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #51 on: 30 12 2018, 10:58:45 »
No error message appeared, no failure announcement. I was able to open the change ICQ status offer, but when I selected "online" it didn't do a thing.
Seems like this is well known long password bug
https://wiki.miranda-ng.org/index.php?title=Plugin:ICQ/en#Rejected_password

Offline mahi

« Reply #52 on: 30 12 2018, 11:01:20 »
Which client on the other side?

I'm just send 3 messages to offline and official client receive all of them.
I'm testing between two Miranda NG installations (0.95.11 alpha build #21116 x64) running in virtual machines.

Offline the Dark Lord

« Reply #53 on: 30 12 2018, 11:06:28 »
Seems like this is well known long password bug
https://wiki.miranda-ng.org/index.php?title=Plugin:ICQ/en#Rejected_password
No... the password has exactly 8 characters.
But when I did the intermediate step and created the ICQ account in new profile and import all data after this... it worked all fine.
« Last Edit: 30 12 2018, 11:08:24 by the Dark Lord »

Offline mahi

« Reply #54 on: 30 12 2018, 11:41:48 »
Another issue I noticed with 0.95.11 alpha build #21116 x64 is that ICQ statuses do not work correctly: A contact is either Online or Offline. Statuses like Away, N/A, Do Not Disturb all show on the other side as Online.

When I make the Status Notify plugin report each status change, I only see status changes for going offline and online. Switching between the various online statuses does not raise status events in the other client.

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #55 on: 30 12 2018, 12:16:56 »
New protocol doesn't support these statuses at all. Like Telegram, for example.
User is online (on official client) only if he interact with app at this moment. After 15 secs of inactivity official client set Offline status but still can receive messages.

You can no determine if the contact is turned of PC or simply does not interact with the client.

Offline the Dark Lord

« Reply #56 on: 30 12 2018, 12:19:09 »
I have a different problem...
En electricity glitch shut down my computer and after I started it again and turned my Miranda on... ALL of my contacts were gone. My ontactlist was completely empted.
Only three contacts were present, two of them without any history.

I Imported the backup database... and it caused that in that one contact, which remained with history... is the history doubled.
Every single message from last five years of comunication is there twice.
Honestly I don't know what to do...

New protocol doesn't support these statuses at all. Like Telegram, for example.
User is online (on official client) only if he interact with app at this moment. After 15 secs of inactivity official client set Offline status but still can receive messages.
The stupidest thing they could do... is there any chance to bypass this shitty setting and see people online normally?
« Last Edit: 30 12 2018, 12:20:42 by the Dark Lord »

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #57 on: 30 12 2018, 12:21:34 »
Nope. it's ICQ client behavior not Miranda.
Tell your contacts to install Miranda (Miranda retained the old behavior when Online = client is running)

Imported the backup database... and it caused that in that one contact, which remained with history... is the history doubled.
Import again and pay attention to check duplicates option

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #58 on: 30 12 2018, 17:50:09 »
I'm testing between two Miranda NG installations (0.95.11 alpha build #21116 x64) running in virtual machines.
Investigated... we need cloud history suport for this (receiving more than 1 offline message)
https://github.com/miranda-ng/miranda-ng/issues/1670

Offline sharp

« Reply #59 on: 31 12 2018, 19:25:30 »
Sorry for my noobness, but how do you back up Miranda IM installation and profile?

I search it everywhere and don't find it.  :-[