Author Topic: ICQ and unofficial messengers?  (Read 101834 times)

Offline the Dark Lord

Re: ICQ and unofficial messengers?
« Reply #30 on: 28 12 2018, 22:43:22 »
FANTASTIC!!!
The ugly info-panel disappeared and the contacts are again reacting on my doubleclick!
I know.. I am terrible user...
I just don't like changes... and I like when my programs are acting, behaving and looking exactly the same way I am used to...
That is the reason why I have inside my Miranda twelve years old EXE file of Miranda IM 0.4.0.3... I still use icons from in there.
In every incarnation of Miranda I am using the same basic design style and the very same icons... for all the twelve years I have ICQ account.

Quote from: Dr. Henry Frankenstein
It's alive! It's alive, it's alive, it's alive! It's ALIVE!
Oh, in the name of God! Now I know what it feels like to BE God!

Offline dartraiden

Re:ICQ and unofficial messengers?
« Reply #31 on: 28 12 2018, 23:25:20 »
why it stoped react on the double-click on the contact
https://wiki.miranda-ng.org/index.php?title=Changelog/0.95.5
See Troubleshooting section

This is an old bug from Miranda IM (!)
In fact, this checkbox was DISABLED inside a database. But due to some bug Miranda treat it as ENABLED so users didn't see the problem. In 0.95.5 we rewrite all this menu implementation (and give our users the ability to create submenus), the bug was fixed and checkbox became disabled as all previous years should have been. Bugfix caused a problem :D

That is why I advise updating when each stable version is released and read the release notes where we warn of such changes. If you are updating irregularly (0.94.9 → 0.95.11 = 11 releases and almost 4 years) you can miss such "pitfalls".

For example, if you update from 0.94.8 to the newest version - you could even damage the database because between these versions we heavily change database driver
https://wiki.miranda-ng.org/index.php?title=Updating_pre-0.94.9_version_to_0.95.1_and_later
Thank God, you already have 0.94.9...

The following users thanked this post: the Dark Lord

Offline the Dark Lord

« Reply #32 on: 28 12 2018, 23:46:51 »
I did some backups before I started to mess around ;-)
Just for the case I would need to built it from scracth and then import contacts and history from elder databse to the new one.
AND as a template for some settigs features. (you know, to open two settings windows next to each other and compare them item by item)

Thanks... you all were here totaly awesome!
« Last Edit: 29 12 2018, 00:35:57 by the Dark Lord »

Offline Maverick

« Reply #33 on: 29 12 2018, 02:59:02 »
Is there a Issue that the Plugin isnt signing out properly?

I was Offline for a few Hours and he said i was online. He wrote me, that he was not sure if im online or not. (i got these 2 Messages from him when i signed in again)

I tried to login with the ICQ Webclient but Site said, there is a Network Error.

A few Hours before i had Miranda and the official ICQ Client running. During that, the Webclient was still working and i had 3 active Connections on the Site, i canceled them all. Mirandas Connection was not killed (or Plugin connected fast enough that i didnt not notice that it lost connection)

Offline Einsiedler

« Reply #34 on: 29 12 2018, 11:04:52 »
Hey all, i'm currently waiting for the new stable version to release, as i read in this thread that it will work again with icq. I logged in once with web icq, just for testing and writing to a contact. When i logged in, it said i need to confirm a mobile number. i clicked "abort" and was able to continue... But as i read here, it is necessary to do it? What will happen now as i aborted it, will this request appear again some day, and someday i will not be able anymore to use icq without adding a phone number to it? I'm a little bit confused, as atm its still working without a phone number ...

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #35 on: 29 12 2018, 12:05:57 »
Maverick
It can be active session (for example, it happens if you log from web or mobile client). Server does not close session (like Skype).
Try to force close all sessions here and reconnect Miranda.
I test Miranda with official desktop client. If Miranda goes offline, official client see this correctly.

Einsiedler
Miranda does not require entering a phone number, but the official client and site do it. Mail.ru (ICQ owner) can change the protocol at any time in such a way that it will need a phone number. So we cannot guarantee.
In November, a law was approved that, since May 2019, all messengers available in Russia should identify users by phone number.

Will the Post delay get fixed?
Ok, seems like we found root of problem...
https://github.com/miranda-ng/miranda-ng/issues/1689

Offline sharp

« Reply #36 on: 29 12 2018, 15:54:35 »
Hello

I'm still using old version of miranda (v0.10.24.0) and haven't updated in years.

Any suggestion of what I should do next to be able to use the new ICQ protocol and not lose my contacts or message history in the process?

Thanks for your help

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #37 on: 29 12 2018, 16:29:09 »
That version number means miranda IM.

Just "update" using the updater (from the main page-> https://www.miranda-ng.org/en/downloads/ "IM updater" ) to miranda NG. (Make a backup of everything beforehand). To be honest everything should be preserved when you migrate, so give it a go.
« Last Edit: 29 12 2018, 16:31:31 by Vulpix »

The following users thanked this post: dartraiden

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #38 on: 29 12 2018, 16:35:59 »
0) backup current Miranda IM installation and profile.

1) check your database driver. Edit mirandaboot.ini file, replace ShowProfileMgr=smart by ShowProfileMgr=yes

2) start Miranda IM. You will see profile manage. Check Driver column. If driver is MMAP — go to 3. If SQLite — read spoiler

SQLite
Go to New profile tab in profile manager and create new profile with MMAP driver.
Miranda start with this blank profile.
Use Import main menu item.
Choose Other profile and select your old SQLite profile .dat
Import all contacts and all messages.
Close Miranda and delete old SQLite profile manually. Profiles are stored in ProfileDir pah (you can see this path in mirandaboot.ini)
[close]

Return ShowProfileMgr in mirandaboot.ini to it default state.

3) Download IM Updater plugin (x32 or x64 according to your Miranda IM). Unpack Plugins dir and pu_stub.exe into your Miranda IM program folder.

4) Run Miranda IM.  IM Updater will:
  • Replace the core files and the appropriate plugins with their NG equivalents.
  • Rename old Unicode plugins that have the trailing W in their names.
  • Make a backup of any obsolete plugins.

After the this update, you will have Miranda NG 0.94.9. Updater should notify you that a newer (last) stable version is available. Or you can check for updates manually via the main menu. After the second update, you will have the newest stable version 0.95.10. This version still cannot log in to ICQ.

5) Backup your new Miranda NG profile and installation again.

6) Now you can just wait 1-2 days until we push new ICQ protocol to stable version. If you want ICQ immediately, you should switch to development version. Go to Options → Services → PluginUpdater and switch from stable channel to development. Updater runs immediately and you get development version 0.95.11 with working ICQ protocol.

You may experience that some of your contacts disappeared from the list after logging in. Because old Miranda could store a list of contacts locally, and not on the server. In this case, you should run backup Miranda NG with backup profile (from step 5), see which UINs are missing in 0.95.11 and add them into 0.95.11 via standard Find/add contacts dialog. After this, close backup Miranda and use Import from 0.95.11 main menu. Choose backup profile (step 5) and import only All contacts and messages with checked check duplicates chеckbox.

If you have any questions about further NG customization feel free to open new topic in Support forum :)

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #39 on: 29 12 2018, 16:40:30 »
Just "update" using the updater
This can be problems (but @ghazan tells that there will be no problems) with contacts which is not on server.  I tried to avoid this in the instruction.

Offline mahi

« Reply #40 on: 29 12 2018, 17:58:40 »
dartraiden: Why exactly is the intermediate step to 0.94.9 necessary for upgrades from Miranda IM?

I've been a long time Miranda IM user until I got the dreaded message from UIN 70105 a couple of days ago. Using Google I quickly found this topic and learned that support for the new ICQ protocol is on the way in Miranda NG. Hence I decided to migrate from IM to NG. I did not use the IM Updater plugin but simply installed a fresh copy of Miranda NG 0.95.10 + several extra plugins that matched the ones I used in Miranda IM. Then I copied over my Miranda.dat file to the new profile location and started Miranda NG. I got a message that the old database format was no longer supported but it could be converted - to which I agreed. At first glance everything seems to work fine (apart from going online with ICQ because I'm on the stable build - not dev). It looks exactly like Miranda IM did, all my contacts are there, all history seems to be there,...

From this wiki page I got the impression that the intermediate step to 0.94.9 is only required if the profile used encrypted Dbx_mmap_SA, which mine did not.

Did I do wrong migrating Miranda IM 0.10.80 immediately to Miranda NG 0.95.10? Should I retrace my steps using a backup of my Miranda IM profile?

I would also like to use this message to express my thanks to everyone who contributes or contributed to Miranda IM/NG :THUMBS UP:! I've been using Miranda for the past 16 years and I can't imagine my computer without it. If you guys have a donate button, please point me to it!

Offline seriewoordenaar

« Reply #41 on: 29 12 2018, 18:02:12 »
I have been using ICQ very regularly for the past 22 years, first with the ICQ client, but as soon as this became too much bloatware with ads I switched to the resource-friendly Miranda NG client, which worked fine... until yesterday, when I also saw this message in the web version. Now it doesn't login no more to the ICQ network. Hopefully Miranda's access to it will be restored soon, otherwise I will have to dump it for good and use the spartan chat functionality from MicroSIP. Happy patching and reverse-engineering !
 :(

Offline seriewoordenaar

« Reply #42 on: 29 12 2018, 18:14:43 »
Einsiedler
Mail.ru (ICQ owner) can change the protocol at any time in such a way that it will need a phone number. So we cannot guarantee.

Maybe one should try experimenting with "free mobile numbers" created to counter this unacceptable privacy-encroaching requirement then, but I'll guess they could be blacklisted as well...

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #43 on: 29 12 2018, 18:28:22 »
dartraiden: Why exactly is the intermediate step to 0.94.9 necessary for upgrades from Miranda IM?
We heavily change encryption at that time (RC4 was replaced by AES-256). Therefore, 0.94.9 will make the necessary changes in database so that the old encryption (if the user used encryption in Miranda IM or in Miranda NG pre 0.94.9) was replaced by a new one.

Did I do wrong migrating Miranda IM 0.10.80 immediately to Miranda NG 0.95.10? Should I retrace my steps using a backup of my Miranda IM profile?
You can try to create a clean profile in 0.95.11, set ShowProfileMgr=yes, launch 0.95.11 and use "Launch in service mode with Import" checkbox. Import Miranda IM profile. But we did not test thoroughly this scenario. And you should manually replace all Miranda IM plugins by NG equivalents and remove those that are not in Miranda NG...

IM Updater do this plugin job for you so i recommend it.

The following users thanked this post: mahi

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #44 on: 29 12 2018, 18:37:18 »
Hopefully Miranda's access to it will be restored soon
You can switch to developer version in the PluginUpdater settings and use ICQ again. Or wait 1-2 days until we update stable version.