Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Support/Help

ICQ and unofficial messengers?

<< < (34/36) > >>

ellick:

--- Quote from: ghazan on 23 12 2020, 15:25:27 ---SpinalBlood,
what about timers at Options - Network - <ICQ> - Advanced?
maybe you set too large values?

--- End quote ---

I'm seeing the same thing. I only have a single contact on ICQ anymore but since the most recent update, he shows as online all the time.  Miranda was doing this for a while a few months back but the update before the latest one fixed it.  Now it's doing it again so it's something in Miranda.  We both use  v0.96.4 Build #26377

My Timeouts are also 0.  I tried changing it but it didnt make any difference.

ellick:

--- Quote from: ghazan on 23 12 2020, 15:25:27 ---SpinalBlood,
what about timers at Options - Network - <ICQ> - Advanced?
maybe you set too large values?

--- End quote ---

I'm seeing the same behavior. I only have one icq contact anymore and the latest update shows him always online.   The ICQ protocol updated on Dec, 8, 2023 and the file shows it was modified on that date.  I copied the icq.dll file from a backup, modidied Nov. 20, 2023 and he now no longer shows online unless he actually is.
Both files show version 0.96.4.1  though the one modified on Dec 8 is 122kb and the one on Nov 20 is 118kb.

I saw this same always-online behavior for weeks before the Nov 20 file so I figured it was a known issue and that fixed it.  Now it's back with the latest dll.

ellick:
Anything going on with this icq problem?  I still see my contact as always online. I tried deleting him and re-added the contact when he messaged me.  He still shows up as online all the time even when he's not.

-SM-:

--- Quote from: ellick on 09 01 2024, 15:13:44 ---Anything going on with this icq problem?
--- End quote ---
This is a server-side problem. At this time server moves contact to offline not on closing of the session nor real setting of "offline" status, but on inactivity (protocol-physical, not user-level) for some minutes. Protocol-based changes of my status are fully ignored by the server.  Official web client shows the same buggy behavior - contact shows "online" status for some minutes after closing of tab with it.

ellick:

--- Quote from: -SM- on 10 01 2024, 11:46:10 ---This is a server-side problem. At this time server moves contact to offline not on closing of the session nor real setting of "offline" status, but on inactivity (protocol-physical, not user-level) for some minutes. Protocol-based changes of my status are fully ignored by the server.  Official web client shows the same buggy behavior - contact shows "online" status for some minutes after closing of tab with it.

--- End quote ---

Would that be causing ICQ to show users online all the time though?  This says for some minutes after closing but my contact never goes offline now even when he hasn't been on in days.   The previous icq.dll file from the current one was working normally.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version