Author Topic: WhatsApp protocol  (Read 437620 times)

Offline lokapal

Re: WhatsApp
« Reply #60 on: 07 09 2014, 16:07:10 »
WART up to 1.7.1 stopped working, cannot get new password.

Offline Thug

« Reply #61 on: 07 09 2014, 21:12:31 »
lokapal, Just tried it - works for me...

Offline watcher

« Reply #62 on: 16 09 2014, 15:19:05 »
WhatsApp moved to the standard nightly repository and will be available for download and updates with PluginUpdater.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline JonIrenicus

« Reply #63 on: 16 09 2014, 15:41:15 »
WhatsApp moved to the standard nightly repository and will be available for download and updates with PluginUpdater.
Good job!

Offline watcher

« Reply #64 on: 19 09 2014, 20:59:20 »
WART utility is not needed anymore, registering and receiving registration code is available in account manager and protocol options now and password is being set automatically, after entering registration code received in SMS.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Cassio

« Reply #65 on: 22 09 2014, 22:36:21 »
Well, this last change is a no go for me if I understand it correctly!

In order to use WA on multiple different PC's I have to enter the same password in every client, correct?
Where do I get or enter the password now? DB Editor?!

Also I have a feature request in case anyone is still developing this further:
Display a contact's status message in the contactlist or user profile! :-)

Offline watcher

« Reply #66 on: 23 09 2014, 01:26:13 »
Well, this last change is a no go for me if I understand it correctly!

In order to use WA on multiple different PC's I have to enter the same password in every client, correct?
Where do I get or enter the password now? DB Editor?!

Al you did from WART utility - you now can go from plugin itself, enter the phone number, ask for sms code, enter the sms code, ask for registration, password is stored in DB automatically. WA won't work on multiple PC's simultaneously - when it works on one, it stops working on the other. In order to switch - ask for sms code on other PC, it will activate it and put the password to DB automatically (cause password is cached for a while, no need for a new sms code to enter). And it will stop working on previous Miranda.
« Last Edit: 23 09 2014, 01:27:58 by watcher »
Please read forum rules.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #67 on: 23 09 2014, 05:24:14 »
watcher, I think question was why it isn't possible to have same password in different Miranda profiles? If I understand you correctly then I need to request new password every time I want to use different Miranda (e.g. go from home to work) because it makes previous password (on different Miranda) to stop working.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Mataes

« Reply #68 on: 23 09 2014, 06:05:16 »
thats not right. in all mirandas with same plugin versions you can use 1 password

Offline watcher

« Reply #69 on: 23 09 2014, 06:13:22 »
When you request SMS code on other Miranda (and not long ago you've received SMS code and then requested a password on previous instance of Miranda) - same password arrives from cache and Miranda puts it to DB and activates this account on this particular Miranda.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #70 on: 23 09 2014, 06:23:46 »
Mataes, aha, that's good.

watcher, ok, I'm just bit concerned about that "not long ago" thing, but I'll stop talking about it as I'm not even using this plugin yet.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline watcher

« Reply #71 on: 23 09 2014, 07:24:59 »
watcher, ok, I'm just bit concerned about that "not long ago" thing

When time of caching password  is up - it will send a new SMS, that's it.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Chungalin

« Reply #72 on: 23 09 2014, 14:31:17 »
I’ve noticed that WhatsApp plugin stores Nickname in a regular string instead of Unicode. This prevents to use accents and other non ASCII chars (smileys!) in Nickname. Will I screw it up if I change Nick value from STRING to UNICODE using DBEditor++?

Offline watcher

« Reply #73 on: 23 09 2014, 15:07:35 »
Will I screw it up if I change Nick value from STRING to UNICODE using DBEditor++?

It won't screw up, not bring any benefit.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Chungalin

« Reply #74 on: 23 09 2014, 16:19:13 »
OK, then I’ll wait for next plugin version to fix this, if possible. I assume it is because I’ve seen people with odd characters and smileys in their nicks.

Another question: when others send me a picture or a video, I receive an URL (based on WhatsApp servers). I can click and open it without problem. If I copy-paste this URL to another user, he receives a link, not the actual picture/file, etc. Is it possible to make it behave like I’m sending a file from the official App?