Author Topic: WhatsApp protocol  (Read 437591 times)

Offline Dimsok

Re: WhatsApp protocol
« Reply #765 on: 20 01 2016, 03:45:14 »
Windows version works fine too (with recource/version bump). And no need to re-register - the password retrieved from Miranda with base editor matches. So we only lack enthusiasts
Do you have compiled working libwhatsapp.dll? If yes, can you upload it somewhere?

Offline Thug

« Reply #766 on: 20 01 2016, 07:49:46 »
Do you have compiled working libwhatsapp.dll? If yes, can you upload it somewhere?
Sure (I set Android-2.13.176-443 in resource field in profile options to make it work).
----
Ooops, I'm wrong, the axolotl encryption doesn't work there either - I get messages only from Iphone users, like in Miranda. Perhaps it is not the latest version, I didn't compile it, just downloaded it from the author's site. There is an active development in axolotl branch though
https://github.com/davidgfnet/whatsapp-purple/tree/axolotl
« Last Edit: 21 01 2016, 04:06:35 by Thug »

Offline Dimsok

« Reply #767 on: 20 01 2016, 10:28:04 »
Thanks. will try. And will try qq, line and telegram which not available in NG

Offline Thug

« Reply #768 on: 20 01 2016, 11:27:02 »
Ok, listen, I've found a way to receive messages without encryption in Miranda again! Looks like the trick is in identifyer again.

Since we still can receive messages from iPhone users, I thought that there is no such encryption in iOS client, so, if the server thinks that we are iPhone users, it will send us unencrypted messages.

There is an option to manually input resource (whatsapp client version) in pidgin. I have tried to input "iOS-2.12.12" (perhaps other values will work, I did't test), asked my friend on android to send me a message and received it unencrypted! After that I exited whatsapp in pidgin and turned it on in Miranda, and received a message from my friend on android unencrypted again.

It means that we can still use whatsapp without axolotl encryption if we set the right resourse. Can anybody confirm it?

I understand that it is just a matter of time when all the official clients will use the encryption, and the resource change won't help soon. But it's better than nothing for now.
« Last Edit: 20 01 2016, 22:13:26 by Thug »

Offline Sunlight7

« Reply #769 on: 20 01 2016, 12:57:17 »
What I have to change there?

Tried to change the Client, but it did not worked.

Still can send Messages but not receive.

Offline Kajuru

« Reply #770 on: 21 01 2016, 02:05:12 »
Windows version works fine too (with recource/version bump). And no need to re-register - the password retrieved from Miranda with base editor matches. So we only lack enthusiasts ;D

Id like to be able to enter that password directly in miranda gui too. Its very portable from one app to other. Currently you need to either re-register or DBEdit it in.

Compiled for me is subjective, I got whatsapp-purple from Arch AUR repository.
« Last Edit: 21 01 2016, 02:12:26 by Kajuru »

Offline Thug

« Reply #771 on: 21 01 2016, 07:50:39 »
Id like to be able to enter that password directly in miranda gui too.
Right. And not only the password. Entering resource/client version would also help us in a situation like this.

What I have to change there?
I have compiled it - see the attachment. All I have done is edited the resource in WhatsApp\src\constants.h
Code: [Select]
// WhatsApp Samsung Galaxy S3
#define ACCOUNT_RESOURCE  "iOS-2.12.12"
This value was improvised. Perhaps anything would work ;D But it works for me. Try it.
« Last Edit: 21 01 2016, 07:52:16 by Thug »

The following users thanked this post: Monty, Sunlight7

Offline Kajuru

« Reply #772 on: 21 01 2016, 08:10:00 »
Right. And not only the password. Entering resource/client version would also help us in a situation like this.
I suggested it before, but never got an answer.

The following users thanked this post: Monty

Offline Sunlight7

« Reply #773 on: 21 01 2016, 09:10:39 »
I have compiled it - see the attachment. All I have done is edited the resource in WhatsApp\src\constants.h
This value was improvised. Perhaps anything would work ;D But it works for me. Try it.
Yay, works, thx for the compiled File  :)

Offline Monty

« Reply #774 on: 21 01 2016, 09:28:58 »
But it works for me. Try it.
Works for me too, thanks!  :)

Offline Wishmaster

« Reply #775 on: 21 01 2016, 16:01:44 »
The fix was comitted, thanks. :) Will be available in the next update.

Offline Sunlight7

« Reply #776 on: 21 01 2016, 16:05:01 »
There looks to be another Problem, sometimes I get a Message from "Server" it says "17:01:48 Server: unable to parse resource"

And this is not a User called Server, I can't send a Message back

Offline Kajuru

« Reply #777 on: 21 01 2016, 16:34:18 »
There looks to be another Problem, sometimes I get a Message from "Server" it says "17:01:48 Server: unable to parse resource"

That happened in the old alternative builds by Cassio too(resource S60).

Offline Monty

« Reply #778 on: 21 01 2016, 18:22:54 »
sometimes I get a Message from "Server" it says "17:01:48 Server: unable to parse resource"
I got this message once today.

Offline Thug

« Reply #779 on: 21 01 2016, 21:34:08 »
There looks to be another Problem, sometimes I get a Message from "Server" it says "17:01:48 Server: unable to parse resource"And this is not a User called Server, I can't send a Message back
I did't receive this message. But no wonder my resource is incorrect. Just as I thought, any incorrect resource works without axolotl ;D But we should find out a list of correct resources and choose a working one. It should be some phone with the slowest development of official client, which possibly won't support the encryption in the nearest future... Or simply add on option to configure it manually for our own risk :)
« Last Edit: 21 01 2016, 21:45:20 by Thug »