Author Topic: WhatsApp protocol  (Read 437794 times)

Offline White-Tiger

• Developer
  • SendSS maintainer
Re: WhatsApp protocol
« Reply #450 on: 11 03 2015, 18:42:55 »
Cassio, , what Wishmaster is trying to say, is that our users are also able to document things and create a nice Wiki with screenshots and all that. Developers could do that as well, but they should rather focus on improving Miranda and fixing bugs, shouldn't they ;)?

Offline Cassio

« Reply #451 on: 11 03 2015, 23:04:35 »
Yes, I know and agree completely!
And I was sure that someone would suggest to start doing that myself! :D
But this is getting off topic! :P

Devs, focus on development! ;)

Offline falloutboy84

« Reply #452 on: 16 03 2015, 19:20:58 »
wow, has been a real long time since I posted last time. Somehow i didnt get any message that there are new posts in here.

Soo, my WA still isn't working, and I never got prompt to update the plugin since december. So what do I have to do, to have it working again?
Thanks

MPK

« Reply #453 on: 16 03 2015, 19:28:13 »

Soo, my WA still isn't working, and I never got prompt to update the plugin since december. So what do I have to do, to have it working again?
Thanks

I would suggest installing plug in updater and set  it to check every week.
http://wiki.miranda-ng.org/index.php?title=Plugin:PluginUpdater/en

Offline falloutboy84

« Reply #454 on: 16 03 2015, 19:37:36 »
lol, ok I was assuming I had it set to that.
Do I still have to run Development version for the WA plugin to work, or can I use stable version - which I would prefer.

Offline watcher

« Reply #455 on: 16 03 2015, 21:50:43 »
Do I still have to run Development version for the WA plugin to work, or can I use stable version - which I would prefer.

WhatsApp was updated on stable on 13.02.15.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline falloutboy84

« Reply #456 on: 16 03 2015, 23:11:18 »
yeahh, gonna try it tomorrow if it works. But the WA icon is green, after the update. Looks very promising :)
Thank you very much

Offline Chungalin

« Reply #457 on: 16 03 2015, 23:17:54 »
Just happened:

Start Miranda, log in Whatsapp, I get unread messages from two (out of four) WhatsApp groups. In both groups I get new messages twice and group member list appears empty. If I close and reopen chat window, member list still empty. Log out and log in Whatsapp, same. Have to close and reopen Miranda to see member list again. No problem from groups that didn’t have unread messages.

Offline rastrack

« Reply #458 on: 18 03 2015, 19:54:30 »
hi there. until ~2months ago wa was working (more or less) fine, but now i can't go online, and when i try to re-register it, it always says "registration failed".
anyone an idea what the problem here is and how to possibly fix it?

Offline CleriC

« Reply #459 on: 23 03 2015, 06:49:47 »
Prompt, please, why not open the group chat window? I'm in a group in WhatsApp, the group receives a message, but the tray icon is not flashing. Perhaps I need something to set in the settings group chat? I never used it before.
Miranda NG v0.95.3, WhatsApp plugin v0.1.2.12
«События происходят, Дела делаются, Но нет индивидуального деятеля».
«Events happen, deeds are done, but there is no individual doer thereof».

Offline watcher

« Reply #460 on: 24 03 2015, 10:22:42 »
Group chat does not blink - it has an activity icon on tab and in contact list.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Chungalin

« Reply #461 on: 24 03 2015, 17:06:52 »
I'm in a group in WhatsApp, the group receives a message, but the tray icon is not flashing.
It flashes a green arrow (Windows tray notification area) but it disappears after a few flashes. This behavior is different from individual contacts, where they keep flashing until they receive attention. Then, if chat window is closed, the only indicator of unread activity is a small smiley icon near the chat group (contact list). If chat window is open, a green arrow remains until window receives focus.

Offline CleriC

« Reply #462 on: 25 03 2015, 13:30:17 »
One more question about WhatsApp groups. Previously I joined the group. Now I want to remove this group from your contact list. I clicked "exit group". I deleted (removed) this group (contact). But, when a program is loaded, it appears in my contacts list again. How to remove it forever?

Еще один вопрос по группам. Ранее я вступил в группу. Теперь я хочу убрать группу из своего контакт листа. Я нажимал "Покинуть группу", удалял контакт. Но, при загрузке программы, он появляется в списке контактов снова. Как его убрать навсегда?
«События происходят, Дела делаются, Но нет индивидуального деятеля».
«Events happen, deeds are done, but there is no individual doer thereof».

Offline Kajuru

« Reply #463 on: 03 04 2015, 18:36:44 »
I sometime receive friend requests from contacts without a phone number. They never send me messages or show as online, yet, i find it strange. I cant simply ignore the friendship request because the dialog only shows the name and you can check if he has a number or not after opening the message dialog.

MPK

« Reply #464 on: 09 04 2015, 07:00:24 »
One more question about WhatsApp groups. Previously I joined the group. Now I want to remove this group from your contact list. I clicked "exit group". I deleted (removed) this group (contact). But, when a program is loaded, it appears in my contacts list again. How to remove it forever?

Did you delete/left the group in invisible mode? If so that might be the problem. From what I was told nothing is realy sure to work in invisible mode except receiving messages (sending for example deletes your nickname on the server)