Author Topic: WhatsApp protocol  (Read 437863 times)

Offline kxp

Re:WhatsApp
« Reply #435 on: 10 03 2015, 15:46:28 »
If this number now belongs to someone else and he/she installed WhatsApp and tried to use it - you automatically unregistered.
Okay I just moved on and registered a new phone, the one that I currently have. But some days after I noticed that I couldn't log in again. So if now I re-register the number, will I lose any messages that were sent to me when I was offline.
And main question, why that happens and how often will it happen? every time I change IP address or how?

Offline watcher

Re: WhatsApp
« Reply #436 on: 10 03 2015, 16:11:30 »
And main question, why that happens and how often will it happen? every time I change IP address or how?

The moment you will use WhatsApp on the phone - you will have to re-register on Miranda and vice versa.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline watcher

« Reply #437 on: 10 03 2015, 16:15:18 »
Just try, for me it worked without an sms after i had whatsapp with miranda on that machine.

@watcher: could you prevent this btw? I dont want anyone on the machine to just receive my password without me phone. Everyone could create new protocoll and login to my account currently. only need my machine once.

It has nothing to do with your machine - once you've register WhatsApp on your Miranda it will continue to work until you run WhatsApp application on your phone.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

MPK

« Reply #438 on: 10 03 2015, 18:44:24 »
It has nothing to do with your machine - once you've register WhatsApp on your Miranda it will continue to work until you run WhatsApp application on your phone.
So anyone is able to use my phonenumber in miranda for whatsapp?
It is also working with a new database and when it does not have to do with the machine, anyone would be able to enter my phonenumber and login without sms confirmation.

Offline ghazan

« Reply #439 on: 10 03 2015, 18:47:21 »
yes, if you retrieved your code to Miranda previously (i.e. to the device with the same 'device id').
if device id changes, you should enter a pin code from sms

MPK

« Reply #440 on: 10 03 2015, 18:49:39 »
yes, if you retrieved your code to Miranda previously (i.e. to the device with the same 'device id').
if device id changes, you should enter a pin code from sms
I would prefere, if the device id and a ramdon number from the database would be taken. So that same device is not enough (otherwise database encryption is kind of senseless)

Offline ghazan

« Reply #441 on: 10 03 2015, 18:53:16 »
you might send that idea to WhatsApp.
unfortunately the expected result would be your account banned

MPK

« Reply #442 on: 10 03 2015, 18:57:26 »
you might send that idea to WhatsApp.
unfortunately the expected result would be your account banned
how can they check my real device id?
Miranda just could send a device id 3 characters longer (or directly a ramdon string just stored in the database).

Offline watcher

« Reply #443 on: 10 03 2015, 21:37:34 »
Miranda just could send a device id 3 characters longer (or directly a ramdon string just stored in the database).

It doesn't work this way. In fact it's very hard to find working device ID.
Please read forum rules.

MPK

« Reply #444 on: 11 03 2015, 08:14:33 »
It doesn't work this way. In fact it's very hard to find working device ID.
now i see the problem. :( Thought it could be just any string.

Offline kxp

Re: WhatsApp protocol
« Reply #445 on: 11 03 2015, 10:29:32 »
The moment you will use WhatsApp on the phone - you will have to re-register on Miranda and vice versa.
But I never used Whatsapp on phone, only in Miranda. I registered it (pressed "request code" in plugin and entered the numbers sent by SMS to my phone number). But after some days it just stopped working for no reason (the only reason I could really think of was the IP address cause nothing else was changed). Now I'ver re-requested the code (in miranda) and registered again with the same number and Whatsapp is working again (in Miranda). But that's strange.
I use Miranda only on one device (my PC), not on phone, tab or anything else. Also I was using whatsapp in Miranda for over a month or so and there wasn' such an issue..
« Last Edit: 11 03 2015, 10:32:11 by kxp »

Offline Cassio

« Reply #446 on: 11 03 2015, 16:06:44 »
2 more things about the avatars:
They are never updated for me when one of my contacts changes theirs... I have to manually open the user profile and click reset there.
Before the big rewrite, the Avatar cache kept older avatars adding a timestamp to them. could this be reintegrated please? :)

Offline Wishmaster

« Reply #447 on: 11 03 2015, 16:13:40 »
Before the big rewrite, the Avatar cache kept older avatars adding a timestamp to them. could this be reintegrated please? :)
There is AvatarHistory plugin to store older avatars. :)

Offline Cassio

« Reply #448 on: 11 03 2015, 16:50:40 »
Wow thanks, didn't know that existed!
There should really be someone updating the wiki and explaining all plugins and protocols with screenshots and their settings... ^^

Offline Wishmaster

« Reply #449 on: 11 03 2015, 17:08:53 »
There should really be someone updating the wiki and explaining all plugins and protocols with screenshots and their settings... ^^
Well, what about yourself?