Author Topic: WhatsApp protocol  (Read 437192 times)

Offline kxp

Re: WhatsApp
« Reply #420 on: 06 03 2015, 13:40:18 »
have you tried menu->Account-YWhatsapp->request code?
No I didn't.
I don't have that phone number any more so couldn't request any SMS code to it.
But why that problem accored?

Offline watcher

« Reply #421 on: 06 03 2015, 14:25:37 »

If this number now belongs to someone else and he/she installed WhatsApp and tried to use it - you automatically unregistered.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Chungalin

« Reply #422 on: 06 03 2015, 14:58:10 »
I don't have that phone number any more
WhatsApp service is bound to a real phone number. It doesn’t use anything from the phone service, but you need to receive a SMS to that number in order to authenticate. Otherwise you’re toasted.

Offline watcher

« Reply #423 on: 06 03 2015, 18:11:08 »
I’m noticing that after any user goes online, contact list reports "Last seen on 01/01/1970 01:00:00".
Modify message

Fixed.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Dimsok

« Reply #424 on: 07 03 2015, 13:23:25 »
The last version in which i've seen the time of the contacts' last online activity was 0.1.2.10. The last?

Offline watcher

« Reply #425 on: 07 03 2015, 13:46:34 »
Dimsok, open person's user info - it will appear. It just does not do it automatically anymore, because if you have a long list WhatsApp starts to return error 404 for every request if it done massively.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Dimsok

« Reply #426 on: 07 03 2015, 14:14:11 »
And what if i use uinfoex? I will be back on the last version with wich it did work. It's more important for me then the last fixes and changes wich are invisible for me

Offline watcher

« Reply #427 on: 07 03 2015, 14:21:30 »
I will be back on the last version with wich it did work. It's more important for me then the last fixes and changes wich are invisible for me

Dimsok, it will be until that version stops working and it will eventually.

And what if i use uinfoex?

Wouldn't make any difference.
Please read forum rules.

MPK

« Reply #428 on: 09 03 2015, 09:04:37 »
No I didn't.
Just try, for me it worked without an sms after i had whatsapp with miranda on that machine.

@watcher: could you prevent this btw? I dont want anyone on the machine to just receive my password without me phone. Everyone could create new protocoll and login to my account currently. only need my machine once.

Offline Thug

« Reply #429 on: 09 03 2015, 09:56:46 »
Is there a way to view other contact's avatars in original size?

MPK

« Reply #430 on: 09 03 2015, 10:00:41 »
Is there a way to view other contact's avatars in original size?
many of the pics in miranda/profiles/xxx/avatarcache/whatsapp seem realsize to me.

EDIT:
seems like these were all old ones. New downloads realy are small size only.
« Last Edit: 09 03 2015, 10:06:16 by MPK »

Offline Thug

« Reply #431 on: 09 03 2015, 11:56:08 »
many of the pics in miranda/profiles/xxx/avatarcache/whatsapp seem realsize to me.EDIT:seems like these were all old ones. New downloads realy are small size only.
Those old cached avatars a really in high quality. I wonder why the new ones are small  ??? Anyway, some button in the profile or option in the contact menu to open an original photo in a browser for example would quite be useful.

Offline Cassio

« Reply #432 on: 09 03 2015, 17:51:19 »
About the last seen time...
If you don't want to send out that many requests... why not delay the queries or do multiple smaller batches? How does the original client handle this?
I find it NOT intuitive at all having to open a user's info all the time in order to see the time. (What about doing that when opening the chat window?)

For some reason some user's time isn't updated although they were online whilst my miranda was open, manually querying the last seen time proofs this.

Also I'd like to see the full size profile pics back too, please! :)

On more thing:
Didn't you implement the "read" notification (2 blue checkmarks in the original app)?
How do I differentiate between sent, received and read? I can't remember having seen those statuses reflected in the status bar.
« Last Edit: 09 03 2015, 23:30:56 by Cassio »

Offline ghazan

« Reply #433 on: 10 03 2015, 12:15:05 »
fixed, will be available in the next build

Offline watcher

« Reply #434 on: 10 03 2015, 12:31:00 »
Didn't you implement the "read" notification (2 blue checkmarks in the original app)?
How do I differentiate between sent, received and read? I can't remember having seen those statuses reflected in the status bar.

We only get OK from server that it was received by it. This is the confirmation.
Please read forum rules.