Author Topic: WhatsApp protocol  (Read 437813 times)

Offline ghazan

Re: WhatsApp
« Reply #360 on: 16 02 2015, 13:40:15 »
Everytime I restart Miranda, my previously set & applied Nickname gets reset to the name of a (random?) existing WA group (latest 0.1.2.9).
are you sure that you've got no doubles with the same ID? that could be controlled using dbeditor plugin
all duplicate contacts should be deleted

Offline KBeng

« Reply #361 on: 16 02 2015, 14:41:09 »
I deleted all groups completely via dbeditor, checked all remaining single contacts for unique ids and set the nickname. Restart.

All groups appeared again as expected, but without a topic set. Nickname stays. Restart again.

Nickname gets set with random group name, topics are all set correctly.

Hope this helps.

Offline Chungalin

« Reply #362 on: 16 02 2015, 15:08:31 »
It happens to me too. I think it happens only when I log in to WhatsApp AND there’re unread messages from chat groups.

Confirmed again today: start Miranda, new unread messages from one (out of three) Whatsapp groups. The group with new messages gets renamed to '(Unknown contact)' and my nick is changed to the name of that group, but it’s still the right nick when I send messages. All new messages get the same timestamp.
« Last Edit: 17 02 2015, 10:39:21 by Chungalin »

Offline Leonard

« Reply #363 on: 17 02 2015, 12:57:48 »
I can also confirm this weird issue.

Offline watcher

« Reply #364 on: 19 02 2015, 14:11:02 »
It happens to me too. I think it happens only when I log in to WhatsApp AND there’re unread messages from chat groups.

Confirmed again today: start Miranda, new unread messages from one (out of three) Whatsapp groups. The group with new messages gets renamed to '(Unknown contact)' and my nick is changed to the name of that group, but it’s still the right nick when I send messages. All new messages get the same timestamp.

Fixed, please check now the attached files and also it will be in tomorrow's update of nightly build.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Chungalin

« Reply #365 on: 20 02 2015, 10:25:26 »
With automatic update to 0.1.2.10: '(Unknown contact)' flashes while loging in on all chat groups names, and then it becomes the right name. All unread messages received twice, not interleaved copies of each message but all the conversation block duplicated. Original message timestamp lost.

Now I’ll try with attached version.

Timestamps lost too, but no duplicated messages. Some groups now show "No topic set", but group name is correct.
« Last Edit: 20 02 2015, 11:08:02 by Chungalin »

Offline ghazan

« Reply #366 on: 20 02 2015, 10:48:37 »
the original timestamp is ignored, because in the case of wrongly set clocks you'll get so called 'time machine', with the total chaos in the message log

Offline Chungalin

« Reply #367 on: 20 02 2015, 11:10:58 »
the original timestamp is ignored, because in the case of wrongly set clocks you'll get so called 'time machine', with the total chaos in the message log

:( Sometimes it’s difficult to understand a conversation if you don’t know when it took place, or if there’s a lapse of time between two consecutive blocks of messages. Why this doesn’t happen with messages from individual contacts?

Offline watcher

« Reply #368 on: 20 02 2015, 15:00:03 »

Fixed, will be available in tomorrow's nightly build.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

MPK

« Reply #369 on: 21 02 2015, 15:36:27 »
when i get a message in a group and click on the popup, it opens a contact window (not group chat). And any message send there is lost.

Can anyone confirm that? Is it a whatsapp problem?

Offline watcher

« Reply #370 on: 21 02 2015, 17:50:00 »
MPK, can you look at the context menu of the group contact in contact list - does it have a "View history" item?

Spoiler
[close]
Please read forum rules.

Offline mida

« Reply #371 on: 21 02 2015, 19:58:50 »
what for whatsapp features come on next?
changing own avatar would be nice too.
sorry for my bad english

Offline watcher

« Reply #372 on: 21 02 2015, 20:10:46 »
what for whatsapp features come on next?
changing own avatar would be nice too.

Done long time ago - go on and change it.

Please read forum rules.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #373 on: 21 02 2015, 21:11:37 »

Doesn't WhatsApp server return server time for sent messages somehow? It would solve this time problem like I have it in Facebook protocol.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline ghazan

« Reply #374 on: 21 02 2015, 21:21:41 »
Doesn't WhatsApp server return server time for sent messages somehow? It would solve this time problem like I have it in Facebook protocol.
no, it simply transfers a time from one client to another, thus creating problems with 'time machine' when the GMT time on two clients is different