Author Topic: WhatsApp protocol  (Read 437533 times)

Offline Leonard

Re: WhatsApp
« Reply #285 on: 07 02 2015, 14:36:49 »
I’m unable to prevent that all WhatsApp groups I belong open a new chat window each time I go online, regardless if there’re unread messages.

Now I have duplicated contact entries for groups: the old ones plus the new ones under "WhatsApp/Chat rooms". Should I delete the old ones? On the other hand, I can see group icon on old contact but not in new ones under Chat rooms.

My own messages don’t appear on message log, and I don’t use Scriver, just default setup for Miranda.

Images and videos received from groups show up on old "person" contact, not under chat room. I notice a row of gray underscores after some messages:

Good to hear i'm not the only one who experiences this. Unloading chat module is done by simply disabling scriver in the options plugin tab.

Offline watcher

« Reply #286 on: 07 02 2015, 15:49:52 »
On the other hand, I can see group icon on old contact but not in new ones under Chat rooms.

There is no such thing as "group icon" in Miranda. Therefore it was removed.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline watcher

« Reply #287 on: 07 02 2015, 15:51:44 »
Unloading chat module is done by simply disabling scriver in the options plugin tab.

When you disanle Scriver or TabSRMM - StdChat and StdMsg take role of chat and message window - and as i can see WhatsApp groupchat works this way too.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline watcher

« Reply #288 on: 07 02 2015, 15:56:37 »
I’m unable to prevent that all WhatsApp groups I belong open a new chat window each time I go online, regardless if there’re unread messages

This will be taken care of (there will be an option "do not pop up group chat window on start up")

Now I have duplicated contact entries for groups: the old ones plus the new ones under "WhatsApp/Chat rooms". Should I delete the old ones? On the other hand, I can see group icon on old contact but not in new ones under Chat rooms.

I thing this is the source of your problems - delete the old group with the same name.

Post Merge: 07 02 2015, 15:58:40
mages and videos received from groups show up on old "person" contact, not under chat room.

It is not implemented in chats yet.

Post Merge: 07 02 2015, 16:02:03
I notice a row of gray underscores after some messages

Once again - Miranda thing:

Spoiler
[close]
Please read forum rules.

Offline Chungalin

« Reply #289 on: 07 02 2015, 16:41:53 »
There is no such thing as "group icon" in Miranda. Therefore it was removed.
No, I mean this:
Spoiler
[close]

Here in my "Grups" are the old contacts for WhatsApp groups. They got the group avatar (assigned by group administrator) automatically, but new chat rooms don’t get that icon automatically. I can assign one by hand, but I think that by default it should get the icon from whatsapp servers.

I thing this is the source of your problems - delete the old group with the same name.
I can confirm that once I’ve deleted old "personal" contact for WhatsApp group, then my messages show up in chat room, while the problem remains on the other two groups that are still duplicated. Unfortunately, deleting contact will mean losing history. :-[
« Last Edit: 07 02 2015, 16:49:05 by Chungalin »

Offline watcher

« Reply #290 on: 07 02 2015, 16:52:12 »
Here in my "Grups" are the old contacts for WhatsApp groups. They got the group avatar (assigned by group administrator) automatically, but new chat rooms don’t get that icon automatically. I can assign one by hand, but I think that by default it should get the icon from whatsapp servers.

I'll as ghazan what can be done about that.

Post Merge: 07 02 2015, 16:53:11
I can confirm that once I’ve deleted old "personal" contact for WhatsApp group, then my messages show up in chat room, while the problem remains on the other two groups that are still duplicated. Unfortunately, deleting contact will mean losing history. :-[

Try to rename them - maybe this will help.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Chungalin

« Reply #291 on: 07 02 2015, 17:09:34 »
Try to rename them - maybe this will help.
No, they already had different names. I’ve also tried to just hide the contact, to no avail. They need to be deleted.

It’s a shame that History++ is not applicable to chat rooms.

Offline watcher

« Reply #292 on: 07 02 2015, 17:12:56 »
No, they already had different names.

Then they have same ID... And for this i need ghazan once again.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #293 on: 07 02 2015, 17:17:00 »
Spoiler
[close]

Just export that history via History++ to text file. Group chat history will be only in text file too anyway. And it's not problem of History++, group chat messages just aren't saved in .dat profile.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Chungalin

« Reply #294 on: 07 02 2015, 18:21:43 »
Just export that history via History++ to text file.
OK, done, and contacts deleted. Now all chat rooms show my own messages. Now I receive Topic change notifications every minute or so, from all WhatsApp groups, even if topic hasn’t changed. If I closed chat windows, then this notification reopens all of them.

Offline watcher

« Reply #295 on: 07 02 2015, 21:02:45 »
Chungalin, pleas try this new build, it fixes audio and video attachments links receiving in group chats. If some chat keeps blinking in contact list, then close the chat dialog window and open it from contact list, it will open as a contact once and then stop blinking, next time it will open as a group chat.
Please read forum rules.

MPK

« Reply #296 on: 07 02 2015, 21:31:13 »
Chungalin, pleas try this new build, it fixes audio and video attachments links receiving in group chats. If some chat keeps blinking in contact list, then close the chat dialog window and open it from contact list, it will open as a contact once and then stop blinking, next time it will open as a group chat.
This Version solved the Problem with not seeing my messages. Before even in newly created Chats i did not show mine.

But still Chat opens every time i go online. And every time it adds a line "Topic is...."

Offline watcher

« Reply #297 on: 07 02 2015, 21:33:56 »
But still Chat opens every time i go online. And every time it adds a line "Topic is...."

We will take care of chats opening on startup.
Please read forum rules.

Offline watcher

« Reply #298 on: 07 02 2015, 22:10:55 »
We will take care of chats opening on startup.

Done:

Spoiler
[close]
Please read forum rules.

Offline watcher

« Reply #299 on: 07 02 2015, 22:35:33 »
Sad news - it might be impossible to implement avatars for group chats.
Please read forum rules.