Author Topic: WhatsApp protocol  (Read 454717 times)

Offline ghazan

Re: WhatsApp
« Reply #270 on: 04 02 2015, 11:03:33 »
ok. don't disturb wassup servers for a day, and then try again

Offline watcher

« Reply #271 on: 04 02 2015, 11:03:41 »
you can't use 0.1.2.6  with stable core, whole mirada must be updated.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline NazZaR

« Reply #272 on: 04 02 2015, 11:51:35 »
Will try it.

Offline kxp

« Reply #273 on: 04 02 2015, 13:56:39 »
Hm and what should the Miranda version be? Mine is
v0.95.3 build #11706
And if it needs to be updated how to do that?

Btw some times the plugin updater is trying to "update" whatsapp plugin but it actually installs old (stable) version so then if I allow it I should download the plugin and replace it with new version. Ofc I just do not let it "update" the plugin but wonder why it trys to downgrade to an older version?

Offline watcher

« Reply #274 on: 04 02 2015, 19:34:43 »
Hm and what should the Miranda version be? Mine is
v0.95.3 build #11706
And if it needs to be updated how to do that?

Go to options, services, plugin updates and change setting from stable version to development, then check for updates from main menu.

Btw some times the plugin updater is trying to "update" whatsapp plugin but it actually installs old (stable) version so then if I allow it I should download the plugin and replace it with new version. Ofc I just do not let it "update" the plugin but wonder why it trys to downgrade to an older version?

Miranda NG guarantees stable work within one build. If you put newer plugin with older core or vice versa Miranda might crash and nor start at all. This is why Miranda NG should only be updated as whole to development or stable version. Therefor updater does not check for versions - it compares hashes and anything that differs - it will revert to right version per specific repo it was set to work with.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Dimsok

« Reply #275 on: 07 02 2015, 07:31:46 »
Is it possible to find out somehow that you are still in the phonebook of your contact? Before global changes it was possible to recognize if your contact is online and it's online status was shown right after you message to it. Now i have one contact which often shown as off but sometimes message to me and some with shown last online time also i almost sure i'm not in her cl. In natural watsapp i detected it when profile picture of contact is dissapear. Maybe if it's possible to detect you absence in cl of your contacts, it could be deleted his/her avatar too?
« Last Edit: 07 02 2015, 07:34:35 by Dimsok »

Offline Leonard

« Reply #276 on: 07 02 2015, 08:26:31 »
It seems that the plugin now uses regular Miranda group chats. This is quite buggy yet. Could you please add an option to restore previous behavior? For example, messages sent from my pc don't show up in the chat history, also history is broken in general.
Furthermore, it doesn't seem possible to leave groups and all groups open maximized upon connecting.
« Last Edit: 07 02 2015, 10:01:10 by Leonard »

Offline watcher

« Reply #277 on: 07 02 2015, 12:17:13 »
Could you please add an option to restore previous behavior?

No - it would be impossible. The old code does not work at all.

Furthermore, it doesn't seem possible to leave groups

Wrong:

Spoiler
[close]

For example, messages sent from my pc don't show up in the chat history, also history is broken in general.

Chat history is stored in text files and must be enabled in a first place:

Spoiler
[close]

This is quite buggy yet.

Sometimes "bugs" - are just lack of knowledge of Miranda. Please be spesific about every bug you find - we will fix all we can.

Post Merge: 07 02 2015, 12:18:23
and all groups open maximized upon connecting

Specify chat module that you are using or better - present VersionInfo.
Please read forum rules.

Offline watcher

« Reply #278 on: 07 02 2015, 12:26:25 »
Now my 5 cents - the original author wrote this plugin halfway and abandoned it - as i tested it it was half working crashware with 3-rd party tool for registration. Now, when old code is completely unusable - we will do things Miranda way - chats will be implemented as chats and stuff that works in other protocols specific way - will be working the same way in this plugin.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Leonard

« Reply #279 on: 07 02 2015, 12:31:20 »
Wrong:

Spoiler
[close]

Could you please provide written instructions about this? I'm a blind Miranda user and have tried the chat's context menu, as it worked before.

Sometimes "bugs" - are just lack of knowledge of Miranda. Please be spesific about every bug you find - we will fix all we can.

In the current situation, every message i send using the most recent Scriver (2.12.1.2) doesn't show up in the message window. Also, it doesn't show up when i have no chat module loaded. tabsrmm seems to work fine.

Offline Monty

« Reply #280 on: 07 02 2015, 12:35:14 »
we will do things Miranda way
I fully agree with you. Thanks for all the work.

Offline watcher

« Reply #281 on: 07 02 2015, 12:36:22 »
Could you please provide written instructions about this? I'm a blind Miranda user and have tried the chat's context menu, as it worked before.

Leonard, right mouse click on a chat log, room options, Leave chat sessions.

In the current situation, every message i send using the most recent Scriver (2.12.1.2) doesn't show up in the message window. Also, it doesn't show up when i have no chat module loaded.

We will check this out!
Please read forum rules.

Offline Monty

« Reply #282 on: 07 02 2015, 12:37:45 »
every message i send using the most recent Scriver (2.12.1.2) doesn't show up in the message window
Here it works – I'm also using Scriver 2.12.1.2.

Offline watcher

« Reply #283 on: 07 02 2015, 13:04:12 »
In the current situation, every message i send using the most recent Scriver (2.12.1.2) doesn't show up in the message window.

Just checked it - it works in Scriver for me as well as in TabSRMM.

Post Merge: 07 02 2015, 13:08:10
Also, it doesn't show up when i have no chat module loaded.

How do you unload chat module exactly? And how group chat supposed to work without it?

Post Merge: 07 02 2015, 13:22:10
and all groups open maximized upon connecting

Couldn't reproduce that either.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Chungalin

« Reply #284 on: 07 02 2015, 14:08:27 »
I’m unable to prevent that all WhatsApp groups I belong open a new chat window each time I go online, regardless if there’re unread messages.

Now I have duplicated contact entries for groups: the old ones plus the new ones under "WhatsApp/Chat rooms". Should I delete the old ones? On the other hand, I can see group icon on old contact but not in new ones under Chat rooms.

My own messages don’t appear on message log, and I don’t use Scriver, just default setup for Miranda.

Images and videos received from groups show up on old "person" contact, not under chat room. I notice a row of gray underscores after some messages: