Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Bug reports

Base update stopped to work after today's update

<< < (2/5) > >>

Smiling Spectre:
Any news?

Meanwhile I lost my USB-stick (third in month :|, and recovered DB is not accessible to Miranda. Old DB (only remained, as autosave stopped to work) was from 7th September, and as I just discovered, it missed about quarter of contact history. And when I tried to import data here from recovered DB, most of contacts was added again, effectively duplicating database. Ugh.

Question is, when and if recovery tools for new format will be available, and how can I import anything? :)

ghazan:
Smiling Spectre,
does Miranda exit after displaying this error box?

these tools are available, but the only thing they cannot do is to reimport data back from a text file

Smiling Spectre:

--- Quote from: ghazan on 27 09 2018, 19:40:23 ---Smiling Spectre,
does Miranda exit after displaying this error box?
--- End quote ---
Yes, before (import from old "good" DB->new semi-broken DB) it exit just as I press "ok" in error box.

Now (new broken DB->old semi-broken DB from previous step) it recovered some of data, duplicated some more and ignored about 1/4 for reason unknown for me. No error anymore though. But last time both bases are after-crash.

Also, previous bug is in place: any import works only if I allow to import contacts.

--- Quote ---these tools are available, but the only thing they cannot do is to reimport data back from a text file
--- End quote ---
I meant cleanup/recovery tools that was integrated in old format Miranda. Like "remove broken chains, clean up trash and duplicates, fix structure". It would fix any problems in old structure, and now, well, I have three bases, and all trhee are broken, cannot be repaired individually, and I even cannot merge it's data properly, it seems, least fix everything.

Thank you for your answer anyway. At least I know that someone heard of the problem. :)

dartraiden:
I think you should
1) create the clean new database (via Miranda NG 0.95.9) and import one of the old databases (contacts, history, etc).
2 сreate another clean new database and import another old database.
3) сreate another clean new database and import third old database.

Do not try to import one corrupted db to another corrupted db.

After that, we can start to think about how to combine this 3 new databases.

But you still may encounter "Assertion failed" problem... so see next post.

dartraiden:
Another solution (if Miranda 0.95.9 can start with "broken" databases):
1) run Miranda NG 0.95.9 with first "broken" database, install Msg_Export plugin and export history per-contact to JSON format. Or install History++ or mContacts plugin and export history per-contact to DAT format. Repeat this for every contact.
2) Repeat this for db #2 and db #3
3) Create new clean db in Miranda NG 0.95.9 and import only contacts from "broken" database (because "any import works only if I allow to import contacts")
4) Import history files from steps 1 and 2 via contact menu → import... → check "check duplicates" option and pick up corresponding .json or .dat. Repeat for every contact.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version