Author Topic: Help - Database in Unknown format!  (Read 3233 times)

Offline Meerkat

Help - Database in Unknown format!
« on: 22 07 2018, 15:23:48 »
Hi,

I'm using v0.95.8.1 build #19985 x64. When I try to start Miranda, I get the following error:

The last shutdown of Miranda was done without any problems so I am not sure what is causing this.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Offline ghazan

Re: Help - Database in Unknown format!
« Reply #1 on: 23 07 2018, 12:27:54 »
if you have a backup, it's simpler to replace a profile.
also you can email me this file to analyze the problem (full privacy of your data is guaranteed)

The following users thanked this post: Meerkat

Offline Meerkat

« Reply #2 on: 25 07 2018, 03:04:24 »
if you have a backup, it's simpler to replace a profile.
also you can email me this file to analyze the problem (full privacy of your data is guaranteed)

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I do have a backup but it's a couple of weeks old. I am using that now but there were some important conversations from the past week I would very much to like to save if possible.

Unfortunately, due to the sensitive nature of some of the conversations (work related), I am unable to send the damaged file to any third party. Is there any way I can salvage the file by myself? I know that the old DBTool and DbChecker are not compatible with the new Dbx_mdbx database but is there another way?

Thanks.

Offline ditomov

« Reply #3 on: 07 09 2018, 13:42:46 »
Hello,

I have the same problem and the profile is not broken. Auto-updated miranda today and my profile is in unknown format. Reverted back (yes, from Plugin updates\Backups) - all is back to normal - the same profile file opens, full of its data. The working Dbx_mdbx.dll is from 16.07.2018, ver 0.95.8.7.

Updating just a single thing breaks everything again. We need a solution for this, please!

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #4 on: 07 09 2018, 15:25:09 »
profile is not broken
Your profile was broken in 0.95.8 (libmdbx 0.9). It worked, but it was already damaged inside. "Living dead". libmdbx 1.x see this and cannot work with damaged profile.

Create a new profile and try Import plugin.

erthink

« Reply #5 on: 28 08 2019, 10:51:19 »
I am the main libmdbx developer.
Please see my comment in the relevant issue.