Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Support/Help

Started Miranda 2 times, App frozen, now Database damaged

(1/2) > >>

Maverick:
Hi,

Subject says it already.

Started Miranda 2 times, i dont know how it happend anyway. Miranda freezed/hang and i had to kill the Process through Taskmanager. When i try to restart it, the Exe crash immediately. (APPCRASH)

There are no issues with Plugins, its 100% the Databasefile. When i create a new Profile, its working - but without my Settings etc. of course. When i try to import it (Everything), a bit is imported and then Crash Dumper Reports the next Crash.

Thx in advance!

ghazan:
libmdbx that was included into 0.95.8.x has a certain problem that could result to a database damage.
right now I can advice to upgrade to the development version, or to use a db_autobackup plugin to have a fresh working copy of a profile

Maverick:
Great and why the hell do you release a broken File? There are People that want to keep their Database (Chat History). My Question still stands: How can i fix the Database?

It seem that just "yesterday" is broken. I can import Stuff from 10.07.18 without Crash, just 11.07.18 seem to be affected. I have a Backup File from 11.07.18, but just to 6pm, all after 6pm is in damaged File.

ICQ Chat with just 1 Person. I would be fine, if it possible to fix the Database, erase the entire History up to 10.07.18 and import import it to the backup. When i tried to import the damaged File, Miranda seemed to synchronize, because it erased some Contacts and their History.

I dont want to loose Parts of my History again, this happend already once when i switched from Miranda to NG, all of my MSN Contacts and History got erased/not imported and it seem, that there is no way of recovering/restoring/importing it.

The Irony on this Subject is, that i was about to make a Drive Backup, then i accidently started Miranda 2 times... lol. (Miranda and Backup Program Icons are together, Filemanager, Backup, Miranda, Thunderbird).

ghazan:

--- Quote from: Maverick on 12 07 2018, 19:10:16 ---I would be fine, if it possible to fix the Database, erase the entire History up to 10.07.18 and import import it to the backup.
--- End quote ---
you can always import the whole file, Miranda will skip all duplicates automatically

--- Quote from: Maverick on 12 07 2018, 19:10:16 ---I dont want to loose Parts of my History again
--- End quote ---
yes, that's why we've fixed the database driver. it's already available in the development version, the stable build will be updated later. right now you can use db_autobackups.

Maverick:
No success. It doesnt crash but Miranda imports, but not all :(
When i load the damaged File into a Hexeditor, i can see the missing Text. When i import the File, its not copied.

And i noticed from a older Backup, that my MSN Contacts and History are gone, but i cant import it. The MSN Contacts are skipped. When i update Miranda NG 0.95.6.18512 to the current Version, the Database has to be converted - and the MSN Contacts are skipped. I tried to use dbeditor++, but the Plugin doesnt work with the current Version and for the older one, i couldnt finde a compatible one.

Is there a Tool that can read the Database File? (sequential until Error)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version