Author Topic: Jabber @miranda.im down  (Read 2447 times)

Offline VuYeK

Jabber @miranda.im down
« on: 11 06 2018, 21:04:41 »
Hello, I was using miranda.im xmpp jabber for a long time, but from 1-2 days it doesn't work. I cannot connect to server/I'm getting timeouted. Is this temporary and server will be back online or should I consider migrate to another xmpp ?

Offline AnrDaemon

Re: Jabber @miranda.im down
« Reply #1 on: 12 06 2018, 19:37:07 »
And why are you posting it here?

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #2 on: 12 06 2018, 22:25:36 »
What @AnrDaemon wanted to say is that Miranda IM (a dead project) and Miranda NG (this active project, these forums, etc) are two different things ran by two different sets of people. Well, Miranda IM is not run by anyone anymore. Miranda NG originated as a "fork" of the Miranda IM project quite a long time ago, in fact.

In other words, we do not run the miranda.im jabber server, and given the fact Miranda IM itself has died somewhat recently (after being a bit of a zombie for a few years), the likelyhood of this server coming back is very low.

Offline AnrDaemon

« Reply #3 on: 12 06 2018, 23:05:46 »
I was not sure of that fact, but I've tried to find any references to the jabber server on the website, and being unable to find anything even remotely relevant, asked for clarification.

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #4 on: 13 06 2018, 20:40:08 »
Seems like server is dead. And yes, this server has nothing to do with Miranda NG project.

You should mail to server admin: persei@igoninlab.com or persei@chaoslab.ru