Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > News

Version 0.95.8 has been released

(1/3) > >>

dartraiden:
Changelog

x86 Stable Core Build ........... x86 Stable Installer ........... x86 Stable Debug Symbols

x64 Stable Core Build ........... x64 Stable Installer ........... x64 Stable Debug Symbols

Plugin list — all the rest of the plugins!

himselfv:
Any way to stay on dbx_mmap? I sync the database with Dropbox-alikes, the new one is 2 times bigger and still one large file => needs to be synced every time. That's 250Mb to be uploaded each time before I shut down my PC.

I tried saying "No" to converting but it just quits the Miranda. Please make this an option!

dartraiden:
Sorry, but no plans about dbx_mmap resurrection. "No" In database conversion dialog means "I prefer don't modify my database and revert to Miranda 0.95.7" (you can find old stable files in \Plugin Updates\Backups\)  All protocols already moved to new database API. Dbx_mmap remains in Miranda only for import purposes.

If you need dbx_mmap database, you can stay on 0.95.7 and do not update.

himselfv:
Okay... Say I wanted to play with upgrading dbx_mmap to this new API. Any pointers on what's changed outside of include/m_database.h? What parts of the codebase I should look into?

dbx_mmap looks pretty lean and not much has changed in m_database.h so I guess that's not the full story?

ghazan:

--- Quote from: himselfv on 06 05 2018, 17:58:25 ---Say I wanted to play with upgrading dbx_mmap to this new API. Any pointers on what's changed outside of include/m_database.h? What parts of the codebase I should look into?

--- End quote ---
you will need to implement the indexed search of message ids in history.
both features are missing now in mmap, so I decided to switch to a regular key / value instead of reinventing a wheel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version