Author Topic: Version 0.95.8 has been released  (Read 6870 times)

Offline dartraiden

Offline himselfv

Re: Version 0.95.8 has been released
« Reply #1 on: 06 05 2018, 16:54:59 »
Any way to stay on dbx_mmap? I sync the database with Dropbox-alikes, the new one is 2 times bigger and still one large file => needs to be synced every time. That's 250Mb to be uploaded each time before I shut down my PC.

I tried saying "No" to converting but it just quits the Miranda. Please make this an option!

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #2 on: 06 05 2018, 17:22:35 »
Sorry, but no plans about dbx_mmap resurrection. "No" In database conversion dialog means "I prefer don't modify my database and revert to Miranda 0.95.7" (you can find old stable files in \Plugin Updates\Backups\)  All protocols already moved to new database API. Dbx_mmap remains in Miranda only for import purposes.

If you need dbx_mmap database, you can stay on 0.95.7 and do not update.

Offline himselfv

« Reply #3 on: 06 05 2018, 17:58:25 »
Okay... Say I wanted to play with upgrading dbx_mmap to this new API. Any pointers on what's changed outside of include/m_database.h? What parts of the codebase I should look into?

dbx_mmap looks pretty lean and not much has changed in m_database.h so I guess that's not the full story?

Offline ghazan

« Reply #4 on: 07 05 2018, 18:44:29 »
Say I wanted to play with upgrading dbx_mmap to this new API. Any pointers on what's changed outside of include/m_database.h? What parts of the codebase I should look into?
you will need to implement the indexed search of message ids in history.
both features are missing now in mmap, so I decided to switch to a regular key / value instead of reinventing a wheel

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #5 on: 11 05 2018, 23:39:11 »
Stable version got some fixes (also fixed some crashes and database conversion problems).

Offline rophy

« Reply #6 on: 12 05 2018, 15:46:28 »
>      DbChecker
>         deprecated. The new database driver dbx_mdbx does not need to be checked.

I need DbChecker because it has the ability to remove duplicate messages. Is there any way to remove duplicate messages in latest version?

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #7 on: 12 05 2018, 15:52:35 »
Unfortunately there is not. In a way, once proper message handling is implemented, there should be no need for duplicate messages (primarily because the new db driver allows a key to be paired with every message, that way you can make sure you are not retrieving a duplicate; however current protocols are not yet taking advantage of this change and so you are still gonna see duplicates which you can only remove manually for the time being...)

You can create an issue on github with this feature request.

The following users thanked this post: riki, rophy

Offline rophy

« Reply #8 on: 12 05 2018, 16:02:31 »
Unfortunately there is not. In a way, once proper message handling is implemented, there should be no need for duplicate messages (primarily because the new db driver allows a key to be paired with every message, that way you can make sure you are not retrieving a duplicate; however current protocols are not yet taking advantage of this change and so you are still gonna see duplicates which you can only remove manually for the time being...)

You can create an issue on github with this feature request.

Thanks, I submitted an issue https://github.com/miranda-ng/miranda-ng/issues/1351.

Offline riki

« Reply #9 on: 15 05 2018, 11:20:40 »
Just an update, not sure it's relevant to the new Miranda version or new dbx driver version.
I had problems with it (see for example https://forum.miranda-ng.org/index.php?topic=5434.msg21410#msg21410 ), because the .dat file was locked and couldn't be backed up with Miranda running.

However it is, since the last update, something has changed. Now, windows can copy the file even with live Miranda, and the db_autobackup plugin started working too!  ;D

I had problems with this locked database issue from the moment I installed it after the database driver change (because I lost some data). Now, I managed to have one auto backup made since the update. I hope it keeps working.
« Last Edit: 15 05 2018, 11:23:10 by riki »

Offline ghazan

« Reply #10 on: 15 05 2018, 12:32:16 »
riki,
yes, I removed all file locks from the database plugin, cause they don't work at all in some cases

Offline riki

« Reply #11 on: 21 05 2018, 02:39:10 »
After a few days of intense use, latest Miranda seems to be rock solid. It used to be difficult to kill the old process when restarting, but now all restarts are fluid. I think this was an excellent update! Thanks to all the developers - Ghazan in the first place.

@himselfv - You probably already know, but have you tried database->compact? It significantly reduced .dat file size for me.

The following users thanked this post: ghazan

Offline himselfv

« Reply #12 on: 08 07 2018, 16:19:05 »
you will need to implement the indexed search of message ids in history.
both features are missing now in mmap, so I decided to switch to a regular key / value instead of reinventing a wheel

Which interfaces/files are these in? db3x_mdbx seems to only implement MIDatabase/MIDatabaseCommon, the same as db3x_mmap. Is it doing anything special?

I've looked at the DBEVENTINFO but it also seems to be the same as before.

Offline himselfv

« Reply #13 on: 08 07 2018, 16:20:33 »
@himselfv - You probably already know, but have you tried database->compact? It significantly reduced .dat file size for me.

Thanks, but yeah, that was after doing the compact.

Offline himselfv

Odp: Version 0.95.8 has been released
« Reply #14 on: 22 08 2018, 20:18:01 »
Hmm. I have restored the original db3x_mmap and applied the few fixes that happened in its absence and it seems to be working fine. Here's the binaries for Miranda NG 0.95.8.1:

https://github.com/himselfv/miranda-ng/releases/tag/v0.95.8

And here's the source + summary of changes:

https://github.com/himselfv/miranda-ng/tree/dbx_mmap_origin/plugins/Db3x_mmap_origin

I'm going to be maintaining this for the time being for myself.

The following users thanked this post: riki, dartraiden, AnrDaemon