Author Topic: Database migration  (Read 21796 times)

Offline dartraiden

Database migration
« on: 23 03 2018, 20:17:09 »
Attention to all nightly build users.

In the ongoing nightly build, the current dbx_mmap database driver will be finally postponed and replaced with the brand new libmdbx driver.

You will get a message on startup This database is in old format that isn't supported anymore. Press Yes to convert it to the new format or No to return back .

You need to have libmdbx driver and  Import installed, if not, an error message will pount you to the given links.

The conversion should be transparent, also the old database will be backed up. Though it seems reasonable that you make your own backup of Miranda profile before the upgrade.

Any feedback about problems with the new profile is greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: 24 03 2018, 16:09:27 by Wishmaster »

Offline ladyzaba

Re: Database migration
« Reply #1 on: 24 03 2018, 15:43:33 »
Just one thing, I'm not sure if there's a connection between the migration and this little bug, but today, after this migration, the icon on my Main panel has changed (I use my favourite status icon pack for all protocols and for the Main panel – all of them are unchanged but this one) to the blue Miranda logo and I'm not able to to change it back :-(.

Offline yvesson

« Reply #2 on: 25 03 2018, 09:50:23 »
Hej,
Seems a lot of my options have disappeared : I can't right clic my contact list for the menu, and there is that "view mode" which appeared and I can't seem to get rid of.

Offline Goraf

« Reply #3 on: 25 03 2018, 11:34:43 »
yvesson, 'view mode' can be disabled by "Main menu -> Frames -> View modes -> View modes". Do you want to say that it doesn't work or you couldn't found it?
« Last Edit: 25 03 2018, 11:36:52 by Goraf »

Offline yvesson

« Reply #4 on: 25 03 2018, 14:42:11 »
Hej,
I don't have "frames" anymore in my menu. :/
Also the option to right clic the contact list to open the options has disappeared too ?

Offline Goraf

« Reply #5 on: 25 03 2018, 18:32:04 »
yvesson, what contact list do you use? Post a version info. In "Options -> Customize -> Menus" are options for menu items. You can check there if you have them in main menu and if they are checked or unchecked.

Offline yvesson

« Reply #6 on: 25 03 2018, 18:46:44 »
Hej,
I use modern CL 0.9.1.7, sorry I don't have time to post more atm and won't use mimi until next friday.
Nothing is unchecked in my options, of course I checked that. Moreover, Miranda crashes very often when I look in this part of the options. I think I'll create a new profile and import just my contacts and history, and not my settings, and just re-tweak everything like I want.

Thanks anyway.

Offline ghazan

« Reply #7 on: 25 03 2018, 21:23:02 »
I don't have "frames" anymore in my menu.
yes, confirmed.

Offline ditomov

« Reply #8 on: 26 03 2018, 09:12:53 »
Hi, after today's update, my metacontacts are bugged - all appear in contact list (clist nicer 0.9.2.4) as offline and named '(Unknown contact)'. Renaming does nothing. Reordering does nothing. Clicking on a metacontact in contact list does nothing. Subcontacts show correct status icons (in the subcontacts submenu) and I do receive and send messages to subcontacts.

Offline ditomov

« Reply #9 on: 26 03 2018, 10:00:53 »
It seems the problem is with the db conversion. I reverted back to mmap 0.95.3.1 (and backup profile, of course) and it works with the latest miranda64.exe and clist_nicer.

Offline riki

« Reply #10 on: 26 03 2018, 10:47:48 »
Hello, I also updated and got the database converted automatically. I've got no error during the conversion.

Now Miranda seems to work, but there are some problems/strange things:

- I receive an error on every startup: "You can runly only one instance of CmdLine plugin".

- my profile.dat still has yesterday's modification date (the time of the update). Settings don't stick: I disabled the CmdLine plugin because of the error message, but it still remains active (and I get the error).

- sent messages don't go into history

- Miranda seems unable to receive new messages from Facebook. Also load history doesn't work anymore (it did work recently). I have incoming messages that show in the browser but not in Miranda.

I tried to update again, hoping to solve the problem. Nothing seems to have changed.

However, now updater says there are the following plugins to update, even if I do update they still show in the updater next time:

Plugins\Dbx_mdbx.dll
Plugins\Dbx_mmap.dll

I backed up my profile. Do you think I should revert to previous version temporarily? If so, how can I do that?

Offline ghazan

« Reply #11 on: 26 03 2018, 14:50:35 »
Hi, after today's update, my metacontacts are bugged - all appear in contact list (clist nicer 0.9.2.4) as offline
all clist problems must have been fixed, new build is already uploaded

The following users thanked this post: yvesson

Offline ghazan

« Reply #12 on: 26 03 2018, 14:51:53 »
Now Miranda seems to work, but there are some problems/strange things:
it seems that you have another instance of Miranda running into background. try to kill that process, update Miranda to the recent build and retry the import

The following users thanked this post: riki

Offline riki

« Reply #13 on: 26 03 2018, 16:29:30 »
Your remote diagnosis is spot on. You're a wizard  :o
Problem solved, thanks Ghazan!!  :DRINK:

The following users thanked this post: ghazan

Offline amix

« Reply #14 on: 27 03 2018, 13:16:38 »
Hi,
after the automatic database migration, yesterday, many things were chaotic and messed up here (especially contact-list related). I quit and restarted the app today, accepting all updates but upon restart, I got the attached dialogs (named in sequence in which they appeared). Here is the translation:

1. Order Number 493 not found in DLL
2. Can not open profile. Could not find matching database driver.

I quit, restarted again, but this time I got the message, that my profile is invalid. Also, when I start now, the Profile creation wizard pops up and shows my old profile as "Unknown format".

Thanks.

My plugin list (what other info do you need?):

WhoUsesMyFiles.dll
BASS/
Quotes/
AssocMgr.dll
AuthState.dll
AVS.dll
BasicHistory.dll
BuddyExpectator.dll
Clist_modern.dll
Clist_nicer.dll