Author Topic: Message filtering in IRC plugin  (Read 3100 times)

Offline fiction

Message filtering in IRC plugin
« on: 10 03 2018, 23:03:11 »
Hi,

Is there a way to do message filtering in the IRC plugin? Either by username or content either is fine. I use Miranda to connect to a lot of very busy IRC chat rooms and it would be nice to be able to hide parts of the chat. I don't have mod powers in these chats I'm only looking to change the output on my end that I see in the group window.

Thanks.

Offline Vulpix

Re: Message filtering in IRC plugin
« Reply #1 on: 11 03 2018, 00:07:35 »
For content, you can filter out the "default" things like.. users leaving/joining, various misc stuff like nickname chnages / kicks / DCs and such; but there is no way to filter out messages by specific content.

Since there exists a way to highlight words that you define, I assume a mechanism does exist by which message hiding could be implemented; but I don't know about one as such.

I assume the standard filters are not sufficient?

Offline fiction

Re: Message filtering in IRC plugin
« Reply #2 on: 05 05 2018, 14:33:08 »
For content, you can filter out the "default" things like.. users leaving/joining, various misc stuff like nickname chnages / kicks / DCs and such; but there is no way to filter out messages by specific content.

Since there exists a way to highlight words that you define, I assume a mechanism does exist by which message hiding could be implemented; but I don't know about one as such.

I assume the standard filters are not sufficient?

Yea, what I'm really hoping for is a way to filter specific content. Like if someone says certain racist words in the IRC chat I would just rather have that chat line hidden. I use the "Highlighting" tab in Message Sessions>Group Chats pretty extensively but would also like a way to do the "opposite," as you mentioned.

Perhaps this topic could be moved to the feature request forum? Or should I re-post it there myself?

Offline dartraiden