Author Topic: MSN - Can't add yourself to the contact list  (Read 2226 times)

Offline Tomaso

MSN - Can't add yourself to the contact list
« on: 02 09 2017, 13:08:48 »
This works just fine on with my own setup, but I've been helping out a friend with installing Miranda NG on her computer..
After having logged on to her account @ skype.com and outlook.com, and connected her M$ account, the MSN contacts appeared in Miranda NG like they should.
However, I'm unable to add herself to the contact list (for quick log in).
I've used the "Find/add contacts" option, and added herself to the list several times.
..but every time Miranda NG is restarted, the contact disappears from the contact list upon connection!
The contact is not in the ignore list, and I've messed around with MSN's server list and tried toggling the "Enable Contact List notifications" option, but to no use.
Does anyone know what might be causing this issue?

(Miranda NG v0.95.6 build 18465 (x64) / Windows 8.1 Pro)

Offline Tomaso

Re: MSN - Can't add yourself to the contact list
« Reply #1 on: 03 09 2017, 14:49:13 »
Made some further attempts today..
Logged on to outlook.com and tried messing around with the various contact lists, but nothing helped.
After having added herself to the contact list and restarted Miranda NG, the contact stays on the list for a coulpe of seconds.
..but suddenly it goes offline, and for a brief moment I can see that the name changes to "(Unknown contact)", then it disappears!

Offline Robyer

Re: MSN - Can't add yourself to the contact list
« Reply #2 on: 04 09 2017, 18:51:50 »
Is there anything interesting in the netlog?
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.