Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Development

The (Vulpix) Bounty List

<< < (3/4) > >>

AnrDaemon:
The limiting factor is Miranda API, which imposes certain restrictions about the ways you can talk to database driver. I mean, SQLite IS reasonable fast, by itself. But it highly depends on how do you use it.

Vulpix:

--- Quote from: AnrDaemon on 08 10 2018, 23:06:05 ---The limiting factor is Miranda API, which imposes certain restrictions about the ways you can talk to database driver. I mean, SQLite IS reasonable fast, by itself. But it highly depends on how do you use it.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, as both Ghazan and Unsane have mentioned, miranda was initially written for mmap; and so its method of access is more suited towards iterating through events in a list, rather than by fetching all elements in bulk (as you would using SQL-like database). So obviously for "proper" support, miranda core would need to be rewritten as well; which doesn't seem like an easy task. Which is why I'll be content with just the db itself for now. That said, sqlite is a time tested solution which pretty much majority of mainstream software uses, and as such it has had most of its bugs ironed out.

I'm sure mdbx is a great project, but for example the fact 32bit miranda cannot map db beyond certain sizes, and the fact there have been so many issues with it... makes me believe maybe it is not ready just yet.

That said, right now the suspicion falls on discord plugin which - in combination with mdbx - seems to be causing some kind of memory mis-allocation and that is the cause of the corruption. I'm currently testing this theory.

AnrDaemon:
mmap wasn't the first database driver, either. So, you can't say Miranda was written for it.

Vulpix:
Added https://github.com/miranda-ng/miranda-ng/issues/1830 as a component of dbx_sqlite requirements.

Vulpix:
I'm thinking of resurrecting the bounties here.

Ghazan is of course really good but also he is the only active dev of the project and I'd like to get more people involved.

I would be interested in:
1) Steam protocol support (rewrite to work with websocket)
2) History++ - port over to c++ and maintain or at least update...
3) Matrix protocol support

Is any "freelance" dev frequenting these forums and interested in such task(s) ? If so, I'll post a bounty :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version