Author Topic: Discord protocol  (Read 39567 times)

Offline ultramage

Re: Discord protocol
« Reply #75 on: 27 10 2020, 23:23:59 »
The setting is enabled, and always was.
For one server, almost every room (but not all of them) is prefixed like this, even though the names are definitely unique to this server. Also, I just restarted Miranda and everything looks correct again (I'll try to keep an eye out for how long it'll last). I suspect a disconnect/reconnect glitch caused these rooms to conflict with themselves, or something.

Offline ghazan

« Reply #76 on: 28 10 2020, 10:54:28 »
ultramage,
dunno, as for me, my group chats were never prefixed, according to that option

Offline ultramage

« Reply #77 on: 28 10 2020, 16:16:55 »
Mine returned back to normal after restarting Miranda as well. That's why I think it's some sort of bug that manifests after some uptime and/or connection dropouts. I'm keeping an eye out for it, but it might take some time.

Offline ultramage

« Reply #78 on: 15 11 2020, 09:23:00 »
I saw it happen again. It was on a newly created server, which overnight added muliple new rooms and room groups. I checked everything else, and the other servers seem to be fine. So based on this single data point, my first guess is that when the server admin makes any change to their layout, it makes the discord plugin malfunction somehow. Just a guess though. The servers I'm on already have a stupid amount of rooms and I don't pay attention to the structure, so it's hard to spot these changes as they happen.

Offline yo1999

« Reply #79 on: 28 02 2021, 15:18:12 »
I still have problem with Discord pluggin unable to stay online for more than a second. Is there any so;ution on the horizon?
P.S. how do i view logs?

Offline ghazan

« Reply #80 on: 28 02 2021, 15:19:54 »
yo1999,
it was fixed last night in the development build, at least it happens now not so often

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #81 on: 28 02 2021, 16:37:41 »
how do i view logs?
netlog

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #82 on: 01 05 2021, 19:08:02 »
Is it possible to have an option to have an account with only the contacts for private messaging, and completely ignoring the channels/guilds/servers?

Offline ghazan

« Reply #83 on: 02 05 2021, 14:09:44 »
SpinalBlood,
yes, just disable group chats in Options

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #84 on: 03 05 2021, 19:44:43 »
I tried disabling it before the very first login, but the channels are still created:

I would like something like having only the private message contacts / private channels (so in the pic it would be no chat rooms and no subchannels other than the "discord 6/32" section), if possible

Also: like skype, a single history seems locked at 100 messages, at the moment
« Last Edit: 03 05 2021, 19:46:56 by SpinalBlood »

Offline ghazan

« Reply #85 on: 04 05 2021, 13:54:01 »
SpinalBlood,
to do that we need to rename the "Disable group chats" option to "Disable guilds" and stop processing guilds at all.
I mean, that the behavior of existing option should be changed

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #86 on: 04 05 2021, 18:09:43 »
Not sure if other users wants the status quo with the current option, it can be discussed in this topic I guess

But it shouldn't change too much if it's still possible to recreate a new discord account with the option enabled by default, and never disabling it. The channels will be recreated, it's not like we are able to do many edits with them to begin with (unless I'm wrong, please post otherwise :) )
« Last Edit: 04 05 2021, 18:11:30 by SpinalBlood »

Offline ultramage

« Reply #87 on: 10 09 2021, 00:08:58 »
Just mentioning that currently:

Some deleted rooms, deleted groups of rooms, removed friends and closed DMs still remain in the Discord tree as empty/offline items. On a server that frequently changes things and/or creates temporary rooms for events, this makes a mess.

Rooms and groups of rooms that are restricted to specific roles, are still visible, listed in the tree, and marked as online. The client does not receive activity for these rooms, and I have not risked trying to post a message to one of those. But it's possible the plugin is attempting to send events or queries to these rooms, tripping security checks in the process.

Mute settings stored serverside are not being followed, and chat activity indicators are being displayed in all rooms.

Miranda's useful Ignore function, used to hide entries in the list, doesn't work right for Discord. If I uncheck stuff and then reconnect the protocol, it all comes back and gets checked again. Some of the servers I'm on have a huge list of rooms, most of which I'm not interested in, so hiding them would be helpful. Also, I don't know how the Discord protocol works, but if hiding the rooms would make the client unsubscribe from event notifications for those rooms and reduce realtime traffic, I would be all for it.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #88 on: 07 11 2021, 08:21:14 »
I just had a very bad experience in one of the servers I am in.

For unknown reasons, sometimes Discord changes the IDs of all the channels. I've seen it happen several times before but I guess not recently.

Normally it's not a problem but in this channel, I was also an administrator.

Miranda _deleted_ all of those channels. I think because a channel ID changes, it is akin to a channel deletion and basically it caused my miranda to wipe the server clean (about 10 groups were all deleted)

I was storing history in Miranda so I was able to paste the chats into the remade groups, but Discord offers no group recovery per se so in case this happens to anyone else who isn't storing history, it could be devastating.

Unfortunately, this happened at night and several hours later I had a disk issue that caused me to be unable to retrieve logs from that time - but I can see the chat room ID has changed and I know I've seen a similar behavior in the past (minus the group deletion).

For now I've recompiled miranda with a change in code where I've excluded any and all cases that could cause deletion of server stuff, but that's still scary.

@ghazan, I've also left you a message on Discord, not sure if you saw it. At any rate, can we get a checkbox or option in Miranda that disables this kind of accidental deletion?

Offline KentKareless

« Reply #89 on: 07 11 2021, 17:55:07 »
Exactly the same thing happened to me after a Discord downtime.
It was no big deal since it only happened to the server me and a few of my friends are using when playing games.

However it would be really cool if those changes you made could make it in the official Discord plugin source code, since this behavior could be devastating for people who are admins on bigger servers.