Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > Development

Discord protocol

<< < (9/19) > >>

Andys:

--- Quote from: Vulpix on 23 10 2019, 11:17:30 ---That is strange. I have this set up myself - I have a group "DiscordChats" and then another group "ChatRooms". All of the discord chats initially land in chatrooms, from where I move the important/intersting ones to "DiscordChats" group. This setting persists through restart of miranda and relogin. Maybe the problem is with them having no group?

--- End quote ---
Thanks! I found my mistake - when setting up the account I enabled 'use subgroups for channels', so it was resorting them each time the list was loaded from discord

Andys:
Kind of DIY post.
What I wanted to do: get instant notification when something new was posted in few discord channels I regularly watch for game news from devs. Without installing any extra apps on my PC, just wanted to have it all in Miranda.

One problem I encountered on the way is that you cannot enable tray icon showing up for new messages in a single group chat (discord channel). You can only enable or disable them for all of them so if your main discord account joined a few servers you get a tray icon notification for any new message in any of their channels. Not mentioning that all these channels would flood your Group Chats group in contact list.

So the steps to make it possible:
1. create a new server using your main discord account and make a single text channel (may use #general)
2. create a 'bot' account on discord
3. invite this account to your server, join it, check that you see the text channel in it
4. in miranda set up discord account with this bot login and password
5. test it - login to discord with your main account and post something in your channel, check that miranda got this message and everything is working
6. enable tray icon for new messages in group chats (Options - Message sessions - Group chats - Icons to display in tray - messages
7. add channels you want to get notifications for by going to discord with your main account, and following the channel you like (link to your empty server and text channel)

Voila, it works now:
- my contact list isn't overflowing with thousands of channels from my primary discord account
- I get notified by tray icon every time someone posts to one of my followed channels
- I can easily add or remove channels to/from watch list while  using discord with my main account, no need to re-login as bot account

Of course if you use other group chats beside Discord this won't work for you (you don't want a tray icon every time someone posts some nonsense in one of them)
And darn, the follow option is only available for announcement channels, WTF with that...

Thug:
Sometimes Miranda continuously fails to connect to Discord server, and somehow logging in on the website fixes this problem. I have made a netlog.

ghazan:

--- Quote from: Thug on 23 02 2020, 10:18:47 ---Sometimes Miranda continuously fails to connect to Discord server, and somehow logging in on the website fixes this problem. I have made a netlog.

--- End quote ---
That's evident -
{"captcha_key": ["captcha-required"]}

Thug:
ghazan, server glitch?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version