Author Topic: Plugin Message Export exports into wrong directory  (Read 2652 times)

Offline Ravelli

Hello all,

my Miranda updates always to the latest development version. I use the message export feature of the History++ plugin with these settings:

Export directory: F:\My Files\Private\Internet\Miranda\
Default: %year%\%month%\%nick%.txt

So all chat logs should be saved into F:\My Files\Private\Internet\Miranda\%year%\%month%\%nick%.txt

For those of my contacts with random usernames (e.g. HotGaby29), i assigned custom file names (e.g. Gaby Miller). Now, this is the problem: The exported chat logs of those renamed contacts end up in the Export directories main folder (F:\My Files\Private\Internet\Miranda\), not in the subfolder.

I'm not sure if this affects Facebook contacts only - these days I have only Facebook contacts - so I can't test it with other protocols. Those chat logs of contacts i have NOT renamed are being saved into the correct directory.

I suspect, this is a bug, and it bothers me since I use Miranda NG (Jan 2015). But if there is anything i can do as a work-around, please let me know.

Friendly greetings,
Ravelli
« Last Edit: 15 10 2016, 17:11:09 by Ravelli »

Offline Robyer

Re: History++ exports messages into wrong directory
« Reply #1 on: 15 10 2016, 16:32:19 »
1) It is rather MessageExport and not History++ plugin issue, right?
2) You should also create a ticket on our tracker (trac.miranda-ng.org) so it won't be forgotten here on forum.
3) "and it bothers me since I use Miranda NG (Jan 2015)" -- you can report such issues sooner :)
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Ravelli

Re: Plugin Message Export exports into wrong directory
« Reply #2 on: 15 10 2016, 17:42:59 »
Hello Robyer,

many thanks for your reply! And yes, you're right, it is the plugin Message Export. I updated the thread title and the original post.

If bug reporting wouldn't take so much time, i would love to do it more often. And, frankly, my contacts don't care much about IM anymore, which is a pity. So, i write and receive only some few messages a week.

Wish you a nice weekend,
Ravelli

Offline Robyer

Re: Plugin Message Export exports into wrong directory
« Reply #3 on: 03 12 2016, 11:35:49 »
Ravelli, so, I looked at it, and in Message Export options you can rename the resulting FILE for particular contact. Which sounds correct for the behavior you described -- it saves the file into that custom defined file.

Question is how did you renamed the contacts? If you do it in clist, it should work properly. Or doesn't?
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.