Author Topic: OTR Plugin causes issues wihen the other person uses pidgin  (Read 4043 times)

Offline nemelemene

I was using OTR with a user that uses pidgin. We were talking over ICQ, but once we established an encrypted chat session the  format of the text changed.
Pidgin seems to use HTML tags to format the chat message.
The plugin offers to strip Pidgin html tags, but you end up having _message sentence_ instead, which is ugly as well.

My questions now are:
Why do we need to enable pidgin handling manually and not have miranda detect it automatically and act accordingly?
How about handling the html tags properly ? Looks like bold/italic and text color so far
If not, i hope for at least a fix to the underscore issue

Offline watcher

Re: OTR Plugin causes issues wihen the other person uses pidgin
« Reply #1 on: 24 01 2014, 17:42:14 »
Thanks for a bug report, we'll look into it.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline nemelemene

« Reply #2 on: 24 01 2014, 19:29:40 »
<b><font color="#a8051e">Hi</font></b>
compared to:

_Hi_
neither seems to be correct

Offline Wishmaster

« Reply #3 on: 24 01 2014, 19:41:47 »
nemelemene, it is libpurple bug in the first place - it doesn't strip them off, so we have to strip it off.

Offline nemelemene

« Reply #4 on: 24 01 2014, 20:48:38 »
so it is a double bug basically, we don't strip properly but we shouldn't have to in the first place.
I still think it should work automatically and it should do strip the tags without leaving underscores.

I will file a libpurple bug as well.

Offline Aokromes

« Reply #5 on: 04 09 2016, 20:07:35 »
this can be related to urls being show on strange way when the other side uses pidgin+otg?

Code: [Select]
<a href="https://techcrunch.com/2016/09/01/robots-and-on-board-ovens-deliver-on-zumes-promise-of-better-pizza/?ncid=rss&amp;utm_source=feedburner&amp;utm_medium=feed&amp;utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Techcrunch+%28TechCrunch%29">https://techcrunch.com/2016/09/01/robots-and-on-board-ovens-deliver-on-zumes-promise-of-better-pizza/?ncid=rss&amp;utm_source=feedburner&amp;utm_medium=feed&amp;utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Techcrunch+%28TechCrunch%29</a>