Author Topic: Disable send modes for tabsrmm  (Read 3198 times)

Offline Vulpix

Disable send modes for tabsrmm
« on: 02 07 2016, 01:54:07 »
Hello!

Is there a way to disable the tabsrmm send modes - or at least get rid of the keyboard shortcut?

The keyboard shortcut/hotkey is CTRL+S and I couldn't find it listed in the hotkeys customization option; there are just toggles for the actual modes but not a way to disable this option menu itself.

Situation is like this - I have a few people that I'm chatting with and I accidentally press CTRL+S when I really wanted to press CTRL+C. So then I press ctrl+c which sets the mode to "send to container", which sends my messages to all of the people whose tabs I currently have open!

I'd like to prevent that from happening and just have the default mode forever. The "send later" feature doesn't really work anyway and I never use the multisend.

It is disabled in tabsrmm options but this menu is still present for whatever reason.

Offline Robyer

Re: Disable send modes for tabsrmm
« Reply #1 on: 09 07 2016, 14:56:51 »
It is disabled in tabsrmm options
What option is supposed to disable that menu?
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #2 on: 09 07 2016, 15:59:49 »
You must be using tabsrmm and then:
Message sessions->Advanced tweaks->Enable unattended send (experimental, required for multisend and send later).

Offline Robyer

« Reply #3 on: 09 07 2016, 17:20:09 »
The "send later" feature doesn't really work anyway and I never use the multisend.
And how it doesn't work? What is expected and real behavior?

I'll look at that keyboard shortcut later. We can't probably disable whole "send menu".
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #4 on: 09 07 2016, 17:47:17 »
Well the expected behavior for me would be to disable the modes completely... and if they're disabled, then there is no need for the menu - so the menu should be gone. But it still shows up and could be potentially scary if you accidentally send something to all of the people who are in the container :D

Offline Robyer

« Reply #5 on: 10 07 2016, 08:38:48 »
We can't disable whole send menu because there are "Send unsafe" and "Send nudge" items. Also "unattended send" feature affects "Send to multiple users" and "Send later" only. "Send to container" is not affected - so disabling the items won't help you at all ;-) And it's good to have them enabled as it show to user info message that he needs to enable the "unattended send".

And I still want to know (it's question unrelated to your issue) how "Send later" feature doesn't work (what do you expect from it and what it does instead).

To summarize: Solution to your problem is to make shortcut "Ctrl + S" for send modes customizable - so you can disable/change it to your needs.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #6 on: 10 07 2016, 09:33:43 »
Done in r17082 :)