Author Topic: Would it be possible to subdivide the accounts information a bit better  (Read 2182 times)

Offline thosrtanner

I have about 4 different accounts (facebook, msn, yahoo, skype, IRC). I use the same name on each one. I'm beginning to think I must be a bit strange to do that, as it makes configuring network settings a nightmare.

Under main menu/options I get

+ Network
|  |-- thosrtanner

and selecting that I get an enormous line of tabs

Account | Events | Statuses | Messaging | Account | Connection | Server List | Notifications | Account | Connection | Ignore List | Account | DCC and CTCP | Advanced | Ignore | Account

Would it please please be possible to submenu that so I get

+ Network
| |--+ thosrtanner
      | -- MSN
      | -- Facebook
      | -- etc

And if anyone has any workrounds that don't involve me changing my account name all over the place that'd be nice too.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline Robyer

thosrtanner, I think that won't be changed as it would require to rewrite the options API for adding pages and listing them.

But I can see a way by fixing it in code by showing:
+ Network
|-- <account name> [<protocol name>]

so:
+ Network
|-- thosrtanner [MSN]
|-- thosrtanner [Facebook]

EDIT: Hmm, but it still doesn't solve situation, when you have 2 accounts of same protocol with same name...
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline thosrtanner

Oh, OK, thanks. That seems to work fine.