Author Topic: Jabber protocol  (Read 4504 times)

Offline dartraiden

• Beta Tester
  • Version Info
Re: Jabber protocol
« Reply #15 on: 26 03 2018, 18:12:25 »
OMEMO support in Miranda is still very experimental and seems broken right now
_██_
(°ᴗƪ)

Offline phatmr

« Reply #16 on: 05 04 2018, 19:44:30 »
Hi again,

im sorry asking so much but i didnt find any Answer arround Internet.

I told im using Jabber Protocol to communicate with People using Gtalk/Hangouts.

Is it possible if People send me Pictures via Hangouts i could see the Picture in ChatWindow and not only the Link to google+?

I dont want to log in to gmail via browser everytime they send me pictures to see those.

Geetings phatmr

Offline dartraiden

• Beta Tester
  • Version Info
« Reply #17 on: 05 04 2018, 20:37:47 »
If you use TabSRMM you can try to install IEView plugin and select IEView as chat log plugin in TabSRMM settings (Message sessions -> Message log).
_██_
(°ᴗƪ)

Offline Bitkar

« Reply #18 on: 25 07 2018, 18:10:20 »
hello... i have a Q about server side history and carbon copies (xep 136 and 280). In the options there is a support for that. But how to use it? I have it checked, but miranda doesnt still see the messages that are on server. I want to have the full history, because, I use xabber on the phone and miranda-ng on my PC.
What do I need for it to work, so I can use it in miranda? Which plugins or so?

Offline dartraiden

• Beta Tester
  • Version Info
« Reply #19 on: 25 07 2018, 18:11:18 »
Make sure that the server supports them. For example, install Conversations on phone and see Server Info option in account settings.
Modern Jabber servers use Message Archive Management (XEP-313) instead of old XEP-136. Miranda does not yet support MAM.
_██_
(°ᴗƪ)

Offline Bitkar

« Reply #20 on: 26 07 2018, 17:54:07 »
thanks for the reply... i just found out that it supports 280 and 313, propably not the 136. So I guess I have to wait for someone to make it 313 compatible. :-/
And when it happens, is the protocol plugin support enough for it to work or SRMM has to support it aswell? (And similary if i want to see the server msgs history, i would need the history++ plugin to support it too?)

thanks and pls keep up the good work, Miranda is awesome (ive been using it for many many years and i love the modularity)

Offline dartraiden

• Beta Tester
  • Version Info
« Reply #21 on: 26 07 2018, 18:01:57 »
History plugin (History++, BasicHistory, etc.) just show history from database. Protocol plugin should obtain history from server and put into database. So only Jabber plugin should support server history.
_██_
(°ᴗƪ)

Offline dartraiden

• Beta Tester
  • Version Info
« Reply #22 on: 26 07 2018, 18:04:29 »
You can subscribe to this ticket. so you will receive all info about MAM implementation progress.
_██_
(°ᴗƪ)

Offline Bitkar

« Reply #23 on: 26 07 2018, 20:08:28 »
cool... clear answers! you helped, thanks alot, have a great time.
I will be waiting for the support, i hope it will not take years :) (if i could do it myself.... :-/ )