Author Topic: work on miranda-ng for money  (Read 27652 times)

Offline sss123next

work on miranda-ng for money
« on: 03 03 2016, 04:04:45 »
Hi all. i think many old users remember me. For those who do not know, in past i have created icqj plus mod for miranda-im with small group of developers. I have created new_gpg for miranda-im for money, later i have ported it to miranda-ng and currently i supporting it here. Also i have created few small plugins and few modifications of large plugins. I also have unofficially participated in designing miranda-im from time to time. I have created few large closed project for internal use with miranda-im as core component (project are closed and unavailable for public, but still use today).
Currently i do not have paid work so i propose to work on miranda-ng for money.
workflow acceptable for me:
1. we discuss features which you need.
2. i will discuss with developnent team if they accept this features to be implemented.
3. we discuss the amount of payment and time of development.
all my code will be uploaded in main miranda-ng repository under gpl license.
if you want some closed plugin or miranda based project for internal use, it is possible but it will cost much.

P.S. sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language
« Last Edit: 02 05 2017, 07:46:33 by Robyer »

The following users thanked this post: AnrDaemon

Offline Tragen

Re: work on miranda-ng for money
« Reply #1 on: 15 03 2016, 14:21:30 »
How about OMEMO encryption?
Perhaps there are a lot of users waiting for it and some of them want to spend money for it?

http://forum.miranda-ng.org/index.php?topic=4378.0

Offline sss123next

« Reply #2 on: 26 03 2016, 15:15:57 »
i will read about it.

Offline sss123next

« Reply #3 on: 27 03 2016, 06:23:21 »
omemo looks interesting, well documented, resaerching it. but it depends on few other xep's, so i should talk to ghazan and oyher jabber developers about it first.

Offline Thug

« Reply #4 on: 27 03 2016, 20:07:00 »
Whatsapp protocol is in development hell right now. Personally I would pay if someone managed to make it possible to merely chat at least. There are many users who need it. Perhaps a kickstarter platform may help you in your plans.

Offline AnrDaemon

« Reply #5 on: 28 03 2016, 02:38:47 »
Since there's no public API for it, any implementation of it would be a "hack".
And kickstarter have an… interesting policy about hosted projects.

Offline sss123next

« Reply #6 on: 28 03 2016, 04:16:51 »
whatsap is not interesting for me, and i can't even guess how hard would be to develop it and how much time it will take

i do not see to much sense in asking for miranda related jobs on kickstarter...

Offline Thug

« Reply #7 on: 28 03 2016, 08:58:38 »
sss123next, Well, the protocol actually works itself. We just can't see the incoming encrypted messages due to the lack of axolotl protocol support. I have just read that OMEMO uses the Axolotl key management protocol to provide encryption. So, as far as I understand, the implementation of OMEMO would eventually help with whatsapp plugin as well ???

AnrDaemon, sss123next, The kickstarter was just a first thing to come to my mind as a fair way to.. kickstart a payed development, you know :) I beleive there are many better alternatives. A guy who develops a whatsapp plugin for pidgin sells it on gosell.it platform (even though it is open-source), but such a way won't work with Miranda NG, I guess.
« Last Edit: 28 03 2016, 09:24:29 by Thug »

Offline Robyer

« Reply #8 on: 28 03 2016, 12:10:49 »
sss123next, for ideas people want/need you can see our UserVoice account. I'm not sure how these users would be willing to pay for that though :)

But I would like to see greatly improved SmileyAdd plugin:
 * Rewritted support for "custom smileys" / stickers (like these on FB/VK/Skype...)
 * Ability to use more smiley categories / smiley packs at once (like having tabs/categories in smileyadd selector window, to have basic smileypack + unicode emojis. And/or seeing smileys in categories and not in one whole list.)
 * Maybe even integrated support for unicode emojis (user would select single smileypack for emojis and they will be showed and available to pick in selector window for any protocol/contact)
 * Automatic downloading of custom smiley packs / stickers from internet (again, like on Facebook where there are many different Stickers categories to select and send from)
 * Maybe rework smiley selector window to be more like Skype one - with big smiley preview at the top and list of static smileys in categories at the bottom.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline sss123next

« Reply #9 on: 28 03 2016, 17:48:43 »
ok, i have started fixing aim now, and i wish to implement omemo, i am not to strong in gui development, so smileyadd can be problem for me )

Offline Testertime

« Reply #10 on: 28 03 2016, 21:16:28 »
I believe it's important to strengthen open protocols and open software, so OMEMO in conjunction with Jabber is very, very awesome. Using encryption over the WhatsApp protocol is likely to be a passive timebomb when their systems are noticing encrypted messages which they can't decrypt secretely at their servers. At least they aren't shy at all to ban people for using third party clients. Two sources: https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/general/105 and http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2391417/whatsapp-slaps-unoffical-app-users-with-24-hour-ban

Regarding OMEMO I had posted a topic here (a few weeks ago): http://forum.miranda-ng.org/index.php?topic=4378.0
The developer behind the "Conversations" Jabber app for Android puts a lot of effort into making Jabber userfriendly for everyone and making security very convenient at the same time. So far only the Conversations app for Android and the desktop client called "Gajim" has OMEMO support, but at Gajim it's not useable at all for the standard user, as it requires some compiling stuff and installing libraries and depencies which aren't even well documented in the instructions I have found on Google so far. Also, I'm seriously prefering Miranda NG over every single messenger program out there.

By the way, what about Bountysource for organizing money for issues and feature requests? Maybe that's an idea, but they are charging 10% of the money at withdrawals.

Offline Thug

« Reply #11 on: 28 03 2016, 21:52:30 »
Using encryption over the WhatsApp protocol is likely to be a passive timebomb when their systems are noticing encrypted messages which they can't decrypt secretely at their servers.
But they are already using the encryption in their clients. Whatsapp plugin is almost useless right now, because we can't see the encrypted messages coming from the official clients. Encryption implementation is obligatory for whatsapp plugin. Therefore, there no need to send encrypted  messages, we only need to decrypt incoming text.

Offline sss123next

« Reply #12 on: 28 03 2016, 23:07:08 »
as i said, omemo looks interesting, and possible to implement, for now i am trying to catch ghazan online to talk about some details), rest of team looks like accept it.

Offline AnrDaemon

« Reply #13 on: 29 03 2016, 16:04:31 »
I believe it's important to strengthen open protocols and open software, so OMEMO in conjunction with Jabber is very, very awesome.
Spoiler
Except that Jabber itself is very, very weak… It was born when ICQ was mainstream, but it is unwieldy and lacking many features demanded by modern world.
[close]

Offline sss123next

« Reply #14 on: 31 03 2016, 15:26:51 »
ok, i have talked to rest of team, look like no one against omemo, so i will work on it, but now i am working on  implementing "clientlogin" for aim/icq (already paid), so omemo comes next )