Author Topic: Keep having to scroll to bottom of message window  (Read 8240 times)

Offline xotek

Keep having to scroll to bottom of message window
« on: 02 12 2015, 01:50:39 »
Everytime I open a message window from IRC protocol, I have to scroll all the way to the bottom to get to the recent messages.

I just upgraded from miranda IM to NG. But in Miranda IM, the scroll bar would be at the bottom of the window automatically.

Any idea how to get the scroll bar to stay at the bottom?

Thanks for your help!

Offline Vulpix

Re: Keep having to scroll to bottom of message window
« Reply #1 on: 02 12 2015, 11:49:42 »
I have the same issue. Initially, I thought it has to do with the latest unread message, i.e. that the chat room opens to the last thing you've seen, but I don't think that's the case.

Also unrelated, probably the best demonstration of an issue - a high quality gif!

Offline xotek

« Reply #2 on: 02 12 2015, 22:30:30 »
I have the same issue. Initially, I thought it has to do with the latest unread message, i.e. that the chat room opens to the last thing you've seen, but I don't think that's the case.

I thought the same too, but it seems to get stop scrolling at certain position in the chat. I also thought maybe it's a setting I am missing.

Another thing I notice is that it doesn't happen when I have multiple chat tabs open. Well, it does it for the first window opened, then any subsequent tabs will have their scroll bar in the correct place.

Do you think this is perhaps a bug then?

Also unrelated, probably the best demonstration of an issue - a high quality gif!

I used LICEcap to capture the gif! It's free and simple and good :)

Offline AnrDaemon

« Reply #3 on: 03 12 2015, 13:01:12 »
Which SRMM you are using?

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #4 on: 03 12 2015, 16:40:57 »
For me, I use tabsrmm.

Offline xotek

« Reply #5 on: 03 12 2015, 20:32:14 »
tabsrmm also

Offline Robyer

« Reply #6 on: 12 12 2015, 07:44:52 »
Is it new bug? I mean could you reproduce it in stable version or only in development? You can also try older stable versions too.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline xotek

« Reply #7 on: 12 12 2015, 19:16:21 »
I am using latest stable version. I have not used any previous version of Miranda NG. I was previously using Miranda IM.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #8 on: 12 12 2015, 21:09:46 »
I'm using the latest dev version.

Offline AnrDaemon

« Reply #9 on: 12 12 2015, 23:00:23 »
I have another question: Didn't you two accidentally locked the scrollback?
I can't discern it from that weird UI on the image.

Offline xotek

« Reply #10 on: 13 12 2015, 00:14:12 »
Possibly. How does one lock / unlock scrollback?

Offline AnrDaemon

« Reply #11 on: 13 12 2015, 20:34:23 »
The default key is F12 I believe. Doesn't look like it is customizable.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #12 on: 13 12 2015, 20:57:16 »
Nah I know what you mean, that's to lock the chat log so as not to display new messages. Thit isn't it and tabsrmm will warn you with huge warning when you do enable that mode.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #13 on: 12 01 2016, 15:54:24 »
It probably happened for me too - right now for Jabber - when there were too many unseen messages. It showed window and scrollbar was above bottom, and whole window was "freezed", because it was somehow drawing/loading the nicklist (it was empty), after second it filled (at once) the nicks in nicklist and scrollbar jumped at the bottom.

EDIT: For IRC server window same behavior is happening at every time (on this miranda session). And there is also the freeze - right after opening it freezes for few seconds and scrollbar is not ocmpletely at the bottom, then it unfreezes (after 1-2 seconds) and then jumps at the bottom again.

I'd like to know what these freezes are... Or am I the only one with it?
« Last Edit: 12 01 2016, 15:57:07 by Robyer »
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #14 on: 12 01 2016, 16:35:54 »
It probably happened for me too - right now for Jabber - when there were too many unseen messages. It showed window and scrollbar was above bottom, and whole window was "freezed", because it was somehow drawing/loading the nicklist (it was empty), after second it filled (at once) the nicks in nicklist and scrollbar jumped at the bottom.

EDIT: For IRC server window same behavior is happening at every time (on this miranda session). And there is also the freeze - right after opening it freezes for few seconds and scrollbar is not ocmpletely at the bottom, then it unfreezes (after 1-2 seconds) and then jumps at the bottom again.

I'd like to know what these freezes are... Or am I the only one with it?

Seems like a different problem to me. I get no freeze or anything and the scrollbar doesn't scroll anywhere on its own. It just remains in some weird position randomly like you see on the initial recording.