Author Topic: Database failure. Miranda will now shut down. (Module Name not unique)  (Read 4360 times)

Offline chlopec

Hello everybody!
Any tips?
Might be unrelated, but it started happening shortly after today's updates (development version) and after I changed system language and time format (if that's relevant).
Miranda, dbtool & importer all crash with the same warning when I try using my profile.
For now I'm using an old backup, but I would love to be able to import recent history from the corruped profile (custom import crashes as well).
No crash report to show.
« Last Edit: 03 10 2015, 16:07:49 by chlopec »

Offline Robyer

Looks like someone has/had same problem here: http://forum.miranda-ng.org/index.php?topic=4298.0
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline chlopec

Thanks for the link, but even though the problem seems similar, the same solution won't work for me. My profile is not reported as "unknown format" and the first 20 bytes are intact. Dbchecker crashes when I try to do anything with the corrupted profile and so does miranda.
« Last Edit: 05 10 2015, 18:41:22 by chlopec »

Offline chlopec

I've done a bit of testing - I'm able to reproduce the bug (database corruption, same warning message) anytime I switch date/time/number format in windows 7 (in my case czech->us english or vice versa) while miranda is running.

When I turn off all plugins, it happens just the same, so it has to be a miranda thing.

Offline Robyer

chlopec, could you create new Miranda profile, import all your data via full import in Import plugin, and check if that database corruption happens again?
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.