Author Topic: False "away" status when server connection is lost  (Read 11133 times)

Offline AnrDaemon

Re: False "away" status when server connection is lost
« Reply #15 on: 09 09 2015, 07:05:24 »
"Switch to offline" in KeepStatus prevent failed attempts to set a new status for protocols stuck in connection attempt. It will force "Offline" status for those protocols before attempting a new reconnect. If a protocol is already connected, the status will not be set to Offline.

Yes, there's popups for KeepStatus attempts and monitoring.
Check "PopUps -> KeepStatus", in the "Events" block.
I suggest checking at least "Show when reconnection has finished", then you will have a clear indication when it actually ginished reconnecting/restoring statuses.
« Last Edit: 09 09 2015, 20:29:32 by AnrDaemon »

Offline Testertime

« Reply #16 on: 09 09 2015, 19:58:46 »
What to try:
1) Could you try to install AdvancedAutoAway (which is from same author as KeepStatus) and reproduce problem with it too?

I have tried it, and I couldn't reproduce the problem there. It's bug-free there. Cool! :)

3) Will enabling setting "Switch to offline before try new connection attempt" (I'm guessing name) of KeepStatus make any change to the behavior?

It changed the behavior, but it made it even more weird. After changing this option, it sets my other not-disconnected account to "offline" (so I had two offline accounts at this moment), and a few seconds later it's connecting with the status "away", ending up with the same result like before in my original post.

4) Could you also enable showing popups of KeepStatus behavior? (there should be some option for that) Maybe it would help understand what's going on with the first protocol that hasn't lost connection.

I have tried to do it, but somehow I don't see any popups, although the popup test in the settings is working. Sadly I haven't much time right now why it's happening even though I followed the steps of AnrDaemon. Luckily Friday isn't far away.

That's an interesting question.
Does KeepStatus watch protocol status changes between reconnects?

For me it looks like a no, but then it's weird why it doesn't happen with the "AdvancedAutoAway" plugin

Offline AnrDaemon

« Reply #17 on: 09 09 2015, 20:30:17 »
For me it looks like a no, but then it's weird why it doesn't happen with the "AdvancedAutoAway" plugin
It doesn't? It may be the difference in how they set the next status.

Offline Testertime

« Reply #18 on: 23 09 2015, 16:18:21 »
As a workaround I'm now using AdvancedAutoAway, even though that I don't need any additional features. If anyone else isn't amused with this little bug / glitch, you can "fix" it by using the AdvancedAutoAway plugin until it's patched by somebody. Don't forget to remove the tick at "Becoming idle if the following is left unattended:" in "Idle" and ticking the option from AdvancedAutoAway.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #19 on: 28 09 2015, 16:15:50 »
Testertime, could you make a bug report on the tracker (with link to this topic) so we won't forget about this issue?
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Testertime

« Reply #20 on: 28 09 2015, 18:38:10 »
I had already created this bug report a while ago http://trac.miranda-ng.org/ticket/984, should I edit it or create a new one? Better safe than sorry, because I wouldn't like to "spam" you there.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #21 on: 28 09 2015, 18:41:19 »
Oh, in that case only mention this forum thread in it (e.g. edit the issue or use comment to add link).

But trac is for me in "maintenance" right now so I can't read your original ticket.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Testertime

« Reply #22 on: 28 09 2015, 18:49:17 »
Okay. I have seen the maintenance message too, so I have copied the link from my original post :P I'm going to edit the ticket when it's up again. Thanks for your time!

Offline Tragen

« Reply #23 on: 01 11 2015, 19:21:02 »
I have a similar problem with KeepStatus.
I have 2 Accounts. ICQ/Jabber
When I go idle after 10 minutes, very often I have status offline and when I come back it goes back to online.
I disabled KeepStatus to use AutoAway. Now everything works.
When I disabled KeepStatus I had to disable internal Idle option.
Perhaps this is something which interfers with KeepStatus. AutoWay said it won't work until I
disable Idle.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #24 on: 10 11 2015, 07:59:12 »
Tragen, I don't exactly understand the problem - why would ICQ went offline if you set it to go away...