Author Topic: ICQ and unofficial messengers?  (Read 102749 times)

Offline ellick

Re: ICQ and unofficial messengers?
« Reply #165 on: 08 12 2023, 18:29:53 »
SpinalBlood,
what about timers at Options - Network - <ICQ> - Advanced?
maybe you set too large values?

I'm seeing the same thing. I only have a single contact on ICQ anymore but since the most recent update, he shows as online all the time.  Miranda was doing this for a while a few months back but the update before the latest one fixed it.  Now it's doing it again so it's something in Miranda.  We both use  v0.96.4 Build #26377

My Timeouts are also 0.  I tried changing it but it didnt make any difference.
« Last Edit: 08 12 2023, 18:38:02 by ellick »

Offline ellick

« Reply #166 on: 09 12 2023, 18:58:46 »
SpinalBlood,
what about timers at Options - Network - <ICQ> - Advanced?
maybe you set too large values?

I'm seeing the same behavior. I only have one icq contact anymore and the latest update shows him always online.   The ICQ protocol updated on Dec, 8, 2023 and the file shows it was modified on that date.  I copied the icq.dll file from a backup, modidied Nov. 20, 2023 and he now no longer shows online unless he actually is.
Both files show version 0.96.4.1  though the one modified on Dec 8 is 122kb and the one on Nov 20 is 118kb.

I saw this same always-online behavior for weeks before the Nov 20 file so I figured it was a known issue and that fixed it.  Now it's back with the latest dll.
« Last Edit: 17 01 2024, 13:55:09 by ellick »

Offline ellick

« Reply #167 on: 09 01 2024, 15:13:44 »
Anything going on with this icq problem?  I still see my contact as always online. I tried deleting him and re-added the contact when he messaged me.  He still shows up as online all the time even when he's not.

Offline -SM-

« Reply #168 on: 10 01 2024, 11:46:10 »
Anything going on with this icq problem?
This is a server-side problem. At this time server moves contact to offline not on closing of the session nor real setting of "offline" status, but on inactivity (protocol-physical, not user-level) for some minutes. Protocol-based changes of my status are fully ignored by the server.  Official web client shows the same buggy behavior - contact shows "online" status for some minutes after closing of tab with it.

Offline ellick

« Reply #169 on: 10 01 2024, 14:35:38 »
This is a server-side problem. At this time server moves contact to offline not on closing of the session nor real setting of "offline" status, but on inactivity (protocol-physical, not user-level) for some minutes. Protocol-based changes of my status are fully ignored by the server.  Official web client shows the same buggy behavior - contact shows "online" status for some minutes after closing of tab with it.

Would that be causing ICQ to show users online all the time though?  This says for some minutes after closing but my contact never goes offline now even when he hasn't been on in days.   The previous icq.dll file from the current one was working normally.

Offline -SM-

« Reply #170 on: 10 01 2024, 15:27:46 »
never goes offline now even when he hasn't been on in days.
Hmm... I've never seen anything like this with a current dll (from a development version). On the contrary i see some "always-online" contacts in an official client (some old contacts who were last time online very-very long time ago), but these contacts are shown correctly offline in Miranda. Netlog can help solve this problem if You are using development version.
« Last Edit: 10 01 2024, 15:54:20 by -SM- »

Offline ellick

« Reply #171 on: 12 01 2024, 17:05:30 »
Hmm... I've never seen anything like this with a current dll (from a development version). On the contrary i see some "always-online" contacts in an official client (some old contacts who were last time online very-very long time ago), but these contacts are shown correctly offline in Miranda. Netlog can help solve this problem if You are using development version.

I downloaded the developers version and installed it clean just to see if it was something in my miranda install but it did the same thing. I then went to icq's website and logged in and saw my contact was showing online there too.  Sheesh!  They can't even fix teir own progam.  I thought maybe he was leaving a phone or something turned on but he said no.

Offline -SM-

« Reply #172 on: 12 01 2024, 17:24:57 »
I thought maybe he was leaving a phone or something turned on but he said no.
Maybe this account was hacked and is used (or monitored) by someone else.

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #173 on: 12 01 2024, 19:29:01 »
By the way, I saw such a case: one of our users complained that outgoing messages appeared in Miranda that he did not send. It turned out that the password to his account was guessed/stolen, and someone else started using the account in parallel with the real owner.

You can go to https://icq.com/login/en, login and change your password. This will kill all active sessions.
« Last Edit: 12 01 2024, 19:31:57 by dartraiden »

Offline ellick

« Reply #174 on: 12 01 2024, 20:39:57 »
I will tell him and suggest he change his password. He also uses Miranda.

Offline ellick

« Reply #175 on: 17 01 2024, 14:05:33 »
This ICQ problem still has me stumped.  It may just be ICQ itself but does anyone have an idea why the icq.dll file from November seems to work in showing the contact state correctly, on or offline?  while updated ones do not?

I copied the icq.dll file from a backup, modidied Nov. 20, 2023, and he now no longer shows online unless he actually is. An updated version was madified and downloaded on Dec 8, 2023.  Both files show version 0.96.4.1  though the one modified on Dec 8 is 122kb and the one on Nov 20 is 118kb.

« Last Edit: 17 01 2024, 14:07:28 by ellick »

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #176 on: 05 03 2024, 21:07:10 »
Let's take a look at netlog

Take the protocol offline, enable netlog, bring the protocol online.