Author Topic: Facebook RM stopped receiving messages  (Read 6351 times)

Offline NibbleByte

Facebook RM stopped receiving messages
« on: 18 06 2015, 19:27:43 »
Hi,

I'm using the Facebook RM plugin a lot for chat, and it is really great.  :THUMBS UP:
But today suddenly it stopped receiving messages from any contact. I can still send messages to them.  :-[
Seems to login fine without any errors (no popups). Contact statuses seem to be correct. Changing to invisible and online status also seems to work fine.
Turning on "Load last messages..." option seems to load messages on opening contact, but still not receiving any new ones.
This happens on my home PC, as well as on my PC at work.
Maybe the FB protocol changed or something?

The plugin version currently is 0.2.10.6
The Miranda version is: 0.95.4, stable.

Please help ;(
Can't live without this!
« Last Edit: 20 06 2015, 13:05:24 by NibbleByte »
Best place to find boardgame in Bulgaria: http://mulliganclub.net/shop/

Offline r_a_d

Odp: Facebook RM stopped receiving messages
« Reply #1 on: 19 06 2015, 08:21:40 »
The same problem here. Beta version of Facebook RM plugin is working, but not in stable Miranda, so I guess we have to wait for the right stable plugin..

Offline SpinalBlood

Re: Facebook RM stopped receiving messages
« Reply #2 on: 19 06 2015, 14:27:47 »
I have the same problem. Only in stable for now

Offline Goraf

« Reply #3 on: 20 06 2015, 08:18:09 »
So why don't you switch to development version? It's absolutely safe (for 99% of the time). You don't have to upadte it on daily basis if don't want to (to avoid that 1%). You don't have to update it at all. You can switch to it to see that everything is working fine and then leave it like that, waiting for stable or updating from time to time.

Stable is just a snapshot of the current progress in dev. It doesn't receive any fixes. If sth is broken then it will be fixed in dev not in the stable.

BTW. version of the plugin says nothing so if you want to be specific (and you should be) then provide VI.
« Last Edit: 20 06 2015, 08:36:01 by Goraf »

Offline NibbleByte

« Reply #4 on: 20 06 2015, 13:04:52 »
Ok, agreed.

Switched to development version and it works.  :THUMBS UP:

Just to clarify for anyone else passing by: switched it from Options\Services\Plugin Updater.
Because initially, I downloaded it from the site, which of course made me loose my original plugins, etc... Didn't really got it right the first time :D

10x a lot :)
Best place to find boardgame in Bulgaria: http://mulliganclub.net/shop/

Offline Zraf

« Reply #5 on: 22 06 2015, 02:32:49 »
Ok, agreed.

Switched to development version and it works.  :THUMBS UP:

Just to clarify for anyone else passing by: switched it from Options\Services\Plugin Updater.
Because initially, I downloaded it from the site, which of course made me loose my original plugins, etc... Didn't really got it right the first time :D

10x a lot :)

Miranda64.exe - System Error

The program can't start because mir_core.mir is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I got this error at some points while trying to upgrade to the newest version using development updates.

Also, I had an old skype plugin installed and that updated to a new named skype plugin but the new one was causing crashes. After I removed the new skype and don't upgrade that old skype plugin my MirandaNG runs fine and the facebook app works.
« Last Edit: 22 06 2015, 03:11:21 by Zraf »

Offline r_a_d

« Reply #6 on: 22 06 2015, 07:01:08 »
Miranda64.exe - System Error

The program can't start because mir_core.mir is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Yep, I got this error too while trying to install beta version..

Offline r_a_d

« Reply #7 on: 23 06 2015, 14:25:31 »
Working in stable version from today, thanks!  :THUMBS UP:

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #8 on: 23 06 2015, 15:10:32 »
Thank you