Author Topic: Intended behavior: clicking the on/off status icon temporarily disables plugins.  (Read 3045 times)

Offline Ratha

Whole post edited to reflect the fact that this wasnt a bug. Can probably delete this thread now.

On the Options>Plugins page, clicking the on/off icon to the right of the checkbox will change the icon but not enable or disable a plugin. (This was an incorrect assumption, it actually does enable/disable.)

This causes the "Running plugin" icon to change to the "Unloaded plugin" icon and back again. Pressing apply reverts the icons to their natural state (this requires checking and unchecking a checkbox to enable the apply button.) This only seems to happen with the indicator icon of certain plugins:

- Plugins whose on/off icon will change: avs, crashdumper, dbeditorpp, import, importtxt, pluginupdater, seenplugin, shelxt, spellchecker, tabsrmm, tipper, yamn

- Plugins whose on/off icon will not change: advaimg, dbchecker, dbx_mmap, historypp, icq, yahoo.
« Last Edit: 03 05 2015, 11:25:31 by Ratha »

Offline watcher

On the Options>Plugins page, clicking the on/off icon to the right of the checkbox will change the icon but not enable or disable a plugin. This causes the "Running plugin" icon to change to the "Unloaded plugin" icon and back again. This does not disable or enable the plugin. Pressing apply reverts the icons to their correct state (this requires checking and unchecking a checkbox to enable the apply button.)

Of course it does - unchecking and checking checkbox triggers hot enable/disable plugin (and it will stay this way after restart) as well as on/off icon (which does it temporary until restart).

- Plugins whose on/off icon will not change: advaimg, dbchecker, dbx_mmap, historypp, icq, yahoo.
They will not change cause they cannot be turned on and off while miranda is running. You should use checkbox and Miranda will ask for restart. Database driver and dbchecker can't be turned of at all - on purpose. Disabling database driver will result in Miranda unloadable state.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Ratha

EDIT: Seems that this is an intended behavior. When testing whether or not it actually enabled the plugin i was expecting a different type of reaction. Ran into confirmation bias. In hindsight this function makes sense. I should have realized that there was a pattern with the internal plugins not allowing themselves to be disabled. I think what confused me was the fact that historypp wouldnt allow itself to be temporarily disabled but that it had a 'normal' plugin icon yet didnt behave like the others with 'normal' icons.
« Last Edit: 03 05 2015, 11:21:19 by Ratha »

Offline watcher

Ratha, yeah - we intended to make most of the plugins to be unloadble in "hot" mode, but in reality it was hell - plugins had to be modified heavily each in different way to be able to fit this criteria, this is why it is all so different :)
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.