Author Topic: SkypeWeb protocol  (Read 182074 times)

Offline Lizard

Re: SkypeWeb protocol
« Reply #405 on: 02 01 2022, 12:46:01 »
maybe it would be possible to add to step authentication?  :-\ :-X :)

Offline TekWiz

« Reply #406 on: 25 03 2022, 20:40:16 »
TIP: If Skype suddenly stops logging in (as happened to me earlier) be sure to login to the Skype web (or REFRESH the page) Once I refreshed I got a requester asking me to confirm my security information. Once I did that Miranda again logged in fine as usual!
« Last Edit: 25 03 2022, 21:20:42 by TekWiz »

Offline janskalicky

« Reply #407 on: 16 05 2022, 19:37:26 »
current behavior (at least for me) is this: I can log into Skype network from Miranda (and change statueses); others (from Skype native clients) can find / see me and get my outgoing messages, but after a few incoming messages from them, they cannot send more to me (and I see them offline all the time) - to all of them (all I tested - 3 different people and my other acccount from other Skype native client) Skype displays "waiting for accepting invitation" - this state cannot be moved by requesting / granting authorization from Miranda... any idea how to get it working? Thanks, Jan

Offline ghazan

« Reply #408 on: 17 05 2022, 11:13:56 »
janskalicky, perhaps your session gets closed. Do you use StatusManager plugin to re-enable session automatically?

Offline janskalicky

« Reply #409 on: 17 05 2022, 12:42:35 »
no, but it happens even just after logging / changing status to online; should I try the plugin to measure the behavior with it?

Offline janskalicky

« Reply #410 on: 19 05 2022, 08:18:57 »
...so anyone any suggestion? Does the SkypeWeb protocol currently work for anyone? - particullarly in the sense of the outgoing authorization of a new contact?

Offline ghazan

« Reply #411 on: 24 05 2022, 15:18:51 »
janskalicky,
yes, SkypeWeb works ok for me, I can write & receive messages from its contacts
dunno about authorization, because I have no active auth requests

Offline janskalicky

« Reply #412 on: 31 05 2022, 20:21:48 »
so I'm confirming that after authorization from the Microsoft client the communication itself (send/receive messages) works, which means that what doesn't work in the Miranda SkypeWeb protocol plugin is granting the authorization - can someone take this as a bugreport from here or am I supposed to post it somewhere else too?

Offline ghazan

« Reply #413 on: 01 06 2022, 14:47:32 »
janskalicky,
no, it had sense before you authorized that contact in the native Skype
now it's senseless to file bugreports, because we'd never know what to do

if you have another contact for authorization, send me a network log from Miranda (Skype + core) to a private message (zipped), and specify please which contact is missing auth

Offline janskalicky

« Reply #414 on: 01 06 2022, 18:54:50 »
To me it seems the situation could be reproduced everywhere - we can try it between us (my skype: janskalicky@gmail.com). If not, I will then wait / actively find someone for the same situation to happen and capture the log..

Offline SirNasso

« Reply #415 on: 10 02 2024, 11:56:27 »
I have version 0.96.5 alpha biuld #26835 and skype can't connect. I change the status to Online, it goes to Connecting and after 2 secconds it goes to Offline. Miranda updater says everything is up to date, so no new version available. Any help will be wellcomed.

Online dartraiden

« Reply #416 on: 10 02 2024, 17:23:10 »
1) try to login via browser and accept the license agreement, etc
2) provide a netlog

Offline SirNasso

« Reply #417 on: 11 02 2024, 09:28:45 »
Opened in browser, no license agreement to accept. And I'm attaching the netlog file.

Offline SirNasso

« Reply #418 on: 12 02 2024, 17:17:12 »
I think I found where the problem is. It is the two factor authentication of the Microsft/Skype account. I must confirm the login via an app on my phone, but since it takes a bit more time, Miranda times-out and can't connect. So is there a way to increase the time before it counts the connection as timed-out? Or is there another way to resolve the situation? I need to login once and after that it will be marked as safe.

The following users thanked this post: ghazan

Offline ghazan

« Reply #419 on: 13 02 2024, 15:32:46 »
SirNasso,
this web page, to which Miranda gets redirected, is just a page with two choices: enter the code from MS Authenticator or push the button on your phone (remote NGC session), so it seems that you can simply push a button, and retry to log into Skype via Miranda. Am I right?