Author Topic: SkypeWeb protocol  (Read 182017 times)

Offline sqrxz

Re: SkypeWeb protocol
« Reply #210 on: 06 05 2016, 18:13:49 »
this was originally an edit because it ocurred right after I posted, but since OP asks me not to edit, here's a reply.

I just rememberd miranda asked me to update, so I did and skypeweb gave me the error when I rebooted after that. I hadnt switched to alpha update channel after importing my old settings, changed update channels and now  everything is fine. nevermind! sorry for the wasted space.

I suppose to make use of this post I will ask: I remember when skype cñassic plugin died, the current alternative used some capacity of the skype executable, I'm wondering if any of the p2p functions of supporting other's calls in skype are part of skypeweb?

Offline Whiplash

« Reply #211 on: 15 05 2016, 18:31:47 »
I really don't know what I'm doing wrong with this. I enter correct Skypename (address) and password, but Skypeweb just doesn't react. It tries to connect for few seconds and then nothing happens - it stays offline. My fried has the same problem, so does anyone know what the reason is?

Offline Robyer

« Reply #212 on: 15 05 2016, 19:21:30 »
Whiplash, maybe netlog would help.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Whiplash

« Reply #213 on: 15 05 2016, 19:52:32 »
Whiplash, maybe netlog would help.
OK, here you go.

Offline dreamlayers

« Reply #214 on: 18 05 2016, 01:50:28 »
I have been using Skypeweb for a while with a Skype account. Yesterday I merged my Skype account with my Microsoft account. I'm surprised that I can still log in using my Skype user name and password and cannot log in using my Microsoft account e-mail address and password. If I try that, there is an attempt to log in but after it I remain offline.

My Microsoft account is associated with an e-mail address from another company, not a Microsoft e-mail address. I'm mentioning this wondering if it affects anything.

Nothing is wrong really. Because of this I don't see MSN Messenger contacts like in Skype since the merge, but I don't really care much because nobody uses that anymore. I didn't miss that when I stopped using the MSN protocol, and I don't miss it now.

Edit: Pidgin's skypeweb plugin is able to log in using my Microsoft account credentials. When I changed to those in Pidgin, I saw all of my MSN contacts. I am still unable to log in using my Microsoft account in Miranda NG.

I have reported this bug: http://trac.miranda-ng.org/ticket/1248#ticket
« Last Edit: 22 05 2016, 22:22:54 by dreamlayers »

Offline Mira496

« Reply #215 on: 23 05 2016, 06:19:27 »
Question: Everytime when i start miranda-ng all my old skype-chatrooms would be set in the contactlist. I try to leave and i try to delete this chatrooms, but nothing works. This phenomenon there seems to be since about 1 months. Before that, I was able to delete the chatrooms and i didnt found it after next start.

In the original skype client i didnt found this conversations, or they are hidden so that I do not find.

Is there any possibility to close the chatrooms although in miranda-ng?

Regards,

supplement 06.27.2016 - found the solution by my self

It is important to leave and not to delete a group conversation (chat). The group conversation (chat) can be left directly in Skype or in the chat window of Miranda. For this you just open the old conversation (chat) and then leave this via context menu.

Regards,
« Last Edit: 26 06 2016, 22:11:08 by Mira496 »

Offline Smiling Spectre

« Reply #216 on: 25 05 2016, 08:45:21 »
I tried several times, and I cannot set up Skype correctly, it seems. It simply doesn't login me with my parameters. Official web Skype client haven't any problems with it.

I suspect, problem is connected with my current mail address. It's spectre@mail333.com - maybe plugin doesn't like non-MS ones?

Anyway - tell me what to do to diagnose the problem, please.

Offline Whiplash

« Reply #217 on: 25 05 2016, 15:47:02 »
I suspect, problem is connected with my current mail address. It's spectre@mail333.com - maybe plugin doesn't like non-MS ones?
Nah, I have both, outlook and hotmail, and I still have the same problem as you.

Offline Lizard

« Reply #218 on: 30 05 2016, 12:19:29 »
Works fine for me so far, also file transfer ... One Question: Is it possible to login with Microsoft account? If this would work, the MSN protocol would be obsolete ... Another thing is, it says Incoming Call and then Hung up. Is this a planned feature?
« Last Edit: 30 05 2016, 12:31:14 by Lizard »

Offline AnrDaemon

« Reply #219 on: 30 05 2016, 16:34:40 »
How do you expect to receive a Skype call on the webpage?… Seriously…

Offline Robyer

« Reply #220 on: 30 05 2016, 19:41:02 »
How do you expect to receive a Skype call on the webpage?… Seriously…
Why not? WebRTC for example http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/webrtc/basics/ :-)
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Mikalair

« Reply #221 on: 30 05 2016, 20:11:26 »
Login with Microsoft account isn't supported.

Why not? WebRTC for example http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/webrtc/basics/ :-)
This is Microsoft.  ;D Only browser plugin, only hardcore. 
If you like my work, you can donate to me via Bitcoin: 1CHAseNjVFfLQViLWAhh1fe6fGTiR6p1UM

Offline snow

« Reply #222 on: 31 05 2016, 09:48:52 »
Login with Microsoft account isn't supported.

I'm just curious if it's something you're planning to try and add support for, or is MS account login not planned at all?

Offline SpinalBlood

« Reply #223 on: 14 06 2016, 19:26:59 »
Hi, I have a problem with this plugin

One of my contacts was using the real skype client, and by mistake he moved one of his contact over mine. Since then, I get a "Contacts: "xxxx" (the skypename) as a new message. If I delete the history entry sometimes it will come back again, making the whole history (after that moment) appear in my chat until I delete the entry again.

I don't know if it will stop appearing in 1 month (since the history sync is like 1 month I believe) but still, this sounds like a bug.

Offline veryverygood

« Reply #224 on: 28 06 2016, 16:00:20 »
There is a big problem in the plugin. I discovered recently. Unfortunately do not get the message, if sent to offline. Check it out as soon as possible and who enjoys and developers.

If you are a user writes you of offline, after you go it will not come to you. It will be cached in the original client, but will not come miranda.

Alice wrote a bean when the client off. Bob went, but the messages have not reached him.

Correct it please