Author Topic: SkypeWeb protocol  (Read 181815 times)

Offline Vulpix

Re: SkypeWeb protocol
« Reply #180 on: 15 02 2016, 08:32:22 »
It's working for me now! Thanks @MikalaiR !

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #181 on: 15 02 2016, 09:46:57 »
I still have one long-standing problem with SkypeWeb.

Every time someone corrects their message, the message is then stored as a db event (instead of a normal message), and it is marked as "unread". This causes the message log to load all unread messages up to that point (options->message sessions->message log->load history events->load unread only). The only solution at the moment for me is to run dbchecker and select "mark all as read", otherwise it just keeps stacking the log every time I try to talk to that person.

Is it possible to do something about this?

Thanks!

Offline TomTheDragon

« Reply #182 on: 16 02 2016, 06:14:54 »
The login for Live accounts seems to be still broken :/

Offline Bester

« Reply #183 on: 19 02 2016, 09:04:41 »
Hi. Just want to give some feedback.

1. I see ">" instead of ">"
2. In the conference, I see people's skype IDs instead of their nicknames.
3. There is no "guy is typing..."?
4. There is no way to ignore someone in a conference?
5. There is no better way to display quotes? This isn't good: https://i.gyazo.com/da18d2e5aaa8c711183fc874aeb065dc.png

Offline AnrDaemon

« Reply #184 on: 20 02 2016, 04:40:34 »
There's no such thing as "quotes" in chat.

Offline Bester

« Reply #185 on: 20 02 2016, 09:00:00 »
There's no such thing as "quotes" in chat.

Your dismissiveness, borderline hostility is unwarranted.

You could say that about a lot of things, like "there's no such things as 2 page long messages in chat, because it's chat", etc. Fact is, there are quotes in skype and skype is a chat client. Your personal vision of what chat entails or doesn't is irrelevant here.
« Last Edit: 20 02 2016, 09:02:56 by Bester »

Offline AnrDaemon

« Reply #186 on: 21 02 2016, 05:51:44 »
Just because you have your own view on the issue doesn't mean someone else may not have a different view.
If your issue is formatting of certain messages, then ask the author of SRM module of your choice for help. This is not a question for protocol plugin in the slightest.

Offline JoshuaVL1988

« Reply #187 on: 23 02 2016, 02:00:00 »
I'm running the 64-bit development Miranda NG client and am trying to get the SkypeWeb plugin to work, but it won't load. Is there a problem with logging into skype accounts that use a Microsoft account or is there a fix that I'm needing to gain. Every time I try to set it to online the loading animation starts, lasts for a minute or two, and then stops without actually logging having any effect. 

Offline billf

« Reply #188 on: 23 02 2016, 02:08:47 »
I'm running the 64-bit development Miranda NG client and am trying to get the SkypeWeb plugin to work, but it won't load. Is there a problem with logging into skype accounts that use a Microsoft account or is there a fix that I'm needing to gain. Every time I try to set it to online the loading animation starts, lasts for a minute or two, and then stops without actually logging having any effect.
I had to use a skype account and not a Microsoft live account login. I just went to www.skype.com and created a new account but didn't use the Microsoft Account link.

Offline JoshuaVL1988

« Reply #189 on: 24 02 2016, 04:37:55 »
I hope this issue gets fixed then, because I'd rather not have to create a new skype account just to get this plugin to work.

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #190 on: 24 02 2016, 07:23:48 »
It has been like this since the very beginning of this plugin. You could unlink your skype account from your microsoft one or request that mikalair looks into integrating login for the integrated accounts :)

Offline Wishmaster

« Reply #191 on: 24 02 2016, 09:29:55 »
You can also migrate to the MSN-Plugin, which supports Microsoft accounts and has support for Skype contacts. :)

Offline ladyzaba

« Reply #192 on: 25 02 2016, 13:38:38 »
I can only chat with my son who uses Pidgin. Trying to chat with other people using regular Skype doesn't work :-(. I can write, I see it both in Miranda window and Skype window, but the other person doesn't see anything. When I write in Skype window, I also see it both in Miranda window and Skype window and the othe person sees it as well. If other person writes, I see in only in Skype window. There are no problems while chatting with my son, who's using Skype protocol via Pidgin – it works well.
« Last Edit: 25 02 2016, 14:14:51 by ladyzaba »

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #193 on: 25 02 2016, 15:32:57 »
I am not sure but it feels like the web skype is somehow not in sync with ohers sometimes.

For example, when I change avatar in web skype, only some people see the new one. To make everyone see it, all I have to do is to start the normal skype client. Just start it. nothing else.

Same with avatars of other users actually - there is a friend who changed his avatar, and I see the previous one. When I open web.skype.com or use miranda, I see the old avatar. But when I open normal skype, I see the updated avatar.

:/ not sure but it seems like this is microsoft's fault; not the plugin's.

Offline ladyzaba

« Reply #194 on: 26 02 2016, 10:06:11 »
I can only chat with my son who uses Pidgin. Trying to chat with other people using regular Skype doesn't work :-(. I can write, I see it both in Miranda window and Skype window, but the other person doesn't see anything. When I write in Skype window, I also see it both in Miranda window and Skype window and the othe person sees it as well. If other person writes, I see in only in Skype window. There are no problems while chatting with my son, who's using Skype protocol via Pidgin – it works well.
I've just found out one of my contacts who uses normal Skype, can chat with me via Miranda with no problems. That means I can't tell the difference between contacts I can chat with and those I can't :-/.