Author Topic: Facebook - four questions about support, correctness  (Read 6970 times)

Offline szpon5

Welcome :)
Very please about reply on the following questions for support Facebook:

1. If you in Miranda NG I will read the message, this chat on page Facebook also selects as read?
2. If you friend send to me sticker, this Miranda NG display in your chat window? Or no and only give link?
3. Or status invisible working in 100% properly?
4. And generally, or all features written here working properly?

Offline szpon5

Re: Facebook - four questions about support, correctness
« Reply #1 on: 16 04 2015, 17:25:35 »
5. Can I send images and/or files in chat window to friends?

Offline Robyer

« Reply #2 on: 17 04 2015, 06:17:19 »
Hello :)

1. If you in Miranda NG I will read the message, this chat on page Facebook also selects as read?
Yes. In Miranda's options you can also disable marking messages as read on server. That way Miranda won't set them as read so they will be marked as read automatically only after you send message to that contact.

In default options Miranda will mark them as read immediatelly when message is received to Miranda (IF you have already opened the message window of contact). If you don't have opened message window (and new message is "blinking" in systray, then message will be marked as read after you open the message window.

2. If you friend send to me sticker, this Miranda NG display in your chat window? Or no and only give link?
Miranda will give you URL link. There is partial support of showing it when you have in SmileyAdd and in Facebook options enabled "Custom smileys support". But it doesn't work so well and often causes small freezes (<1 sec.) when receiving message with sticker.

3. Or status invisible working in 100% properly?
Yes. Invisible status means you have "disabled chat" on website. But you can still see statuses of other people and you can communicate with them.

4. And generally, or all features written here working properly?
Yes, all features should work. If something doesn't it's probably due to some change on Facebook server and should be reported (to Miranda's issue tracker or at least forum or me directly) and it will be fixed.

5. Can I send images and/or files in chat window to friends?
No. There is no support for sending images/files to other contacts or to posting them as status to wall. This might be implemented in future.

And "Notification after someone remove you from his friends" works at login when it compares previous friends list with actual friends list. Which means it's not instant and it compares only changes.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline šegi

« Reply #3 on: 17 04 2015, 09:24:06 »
Hi,
I would ask you, how it is with indication of last activity when you using Facebook RM plugin.
I tested it, and it looks like that while you using the plugin, even you use invisible mode, other online people see that you are active on facebook. Not online.
I thing, last activity is indicate that you are using facebook. You make something on web.
It is right? :)

« Last Edit: 17 04 2015, 09:34:46 by šegi »

Offline Robyer

« Reply #4 on: 17 04 2015, 10:50:38 »
šegi, well, I mimic behavior of Facebook website so yeah, unless you are "idle" in Miranda, it report to Facebook that you are active on website and then Facebook probably shows that to other users. If you're idle in Miranda (and you have enabled reportint idle state to protocols), it report the time you're idle.
Is this a problem for you? :)
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline mida

« Reply #5 on: 17 04 2015, 14:39:48 »
And "Notification after someone remove you from his friends" works at login when it compares previous friends list with actual friends list. Which means it's not instant and it compares only changes.

how i will notified if someone delete me? a normally popup like from popup plus plugin or a message window?
and must i'm activate notification or other event to hear it too?
sorry for my bad english

Offline Robyer

« Reply #6 on: 17 04 2015, 15:07:12 »
how i will notified if someone delete me? a normally popup like from popup plus plugin or a message window?and must i'm activate notification or other event to hear it too?

You will be notified with a classic popup. For that, you must have enable "Other events" popups in Facebook options. Just for info, "Notification" popups are the classic Facebook notifications like "someone commented my status".

Also this information is saved into database as a timestamp when plugin realized contact is gone. It is "DeletedTS" key in protocol branch of contact (as could be seen via Database Editor++). You can show this information e.g. in Tipper or Quick Search Mod plugin. And for quick info which contacts are still your friends and which aren't you can use AuthState plugin, which shows an icon in contact list for contacts without authorization.

Offline szpon5

« Reply #7 on: 17 04 2015, 16:10:59 »
Thank you very much for the reply  :THUMBS UP:

Offline szpon5

« Reply #8 on: 17 04 2015, 16:50:01 »
Sorry, yet I have a question.
Is there a notification about writing, normal text in chat window, that friend writes?
« Last Edit: 17 04 2015, 19:17:48 by watcher »

Offline Robyer

« Reply #9 on: 17 04 2015, 16:58:53 »
Is there a notification about writing, normal text in chat window, that friend writes?
Typing notifications? Of course.
« Last Edit: 17 04 2015, 19:17:55 by watcher »

Offline szpon5

« Reply #10 on: 17 04 2015, 17:10:43 »
Fantastically, thank you :)

Offline šegi

« Reply #11 on: 20 04 2015, 14:47:52 »
šegi, well, I mimic behavior of Facebook website so yeah, unless you are "idle" in Miranda, it report to Facebook that you are active on website and then Facebook probably shows that to other users. If you're idle in Miranda (and you have enabled reportint idle state to protocols), it report the time you're idle.
Is this a problem for you? :)
Hi Robyer,
no, it's not problem. I'm only interested, how it works. :)
But, it would look nice, if would by there some possibility to manage this thinks. :D
And I'm not understand what means " you have enabled reporting idle state to protocols". What is it? It is some setting? And I'm not understand, if this thing can have an influence to last activity on FB.
Thanke you :)

Offline Robyer

« Reply #12 on: 20 04 2015, 22:37:47 »
But, it would look nice, if would by there some possibility to manage this thinks.

Manage what exactly and how? :)

And I'm not understand what means " you have enabled reporting idle state to protocols". What is it? It is some setting? And I'm not understand, if this thing can have an influence to last activity on FB.

Open Options / Status / Idle. There you have settings for reporting idle to protocols. Idle means that you don't move with your mouse or press keys on keyboard. Aka you are out of computer. Miranda can report this "idle time" to protocols and FB plugin then to Facebook server. And then it should show to other users how long are you idle = the last activity time on fb.

I'm not sure how to explain it easily :-)

Offline šegi

« Reply #13 on: 22 05 2015, 09:31:45 »
I mean. If miranda can send idle time to FB, then would be nice if will be sent idle time always I'm not typing or using FB chat on Miranda. But I'm in invisible mod.
Because I have Miranda and FB always turned on (invisible), when I have the computer on. Even I'm not at home or I'm away.
I'm just overthinking :)
thx

Offline Robyer

Re:Facebook - four questions about support, correctness
« Reply #14 on: 30 05 2015, 22:19:27 »
I checked the code and it is sending the idle time always. But the "last online" time (the thing you are probably talking about) is probably determined by Facebook from timestamp of last request or something like that. So I don't think I can do anything about that.