Author Topic: Miranda NG, don't logins at Windows startup  (Read 13139 times)

Offline wor123

Miranda NG, don't logins at Windows startup
« on: 19 01 2015, 01:20:42 »
I've noticed that every time I turning on my computer, when Miranda NG loaded, it don't automatically login into my accounts, and that I've needs to do this manually. Miranda NG setted to login automatically at startup.
My current Miranda NG version: v0.95.4 alpha build #11871.
Why this is happening.
Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2 64bit
Miranda NG v0.96.4.1 64bit

Offline AnrDaemon

Re: Miranda NG, don't logins at Windows startup
« Reply #1 on: 19 01 2015, 01:35:17 »
You need either KeepStatus or StartupStatus plugin. I prefer the former - it's more functional.

Offline wor123

« Reply #2 on: 19 01 2015, 02:30:57 »
I've KeepStatus plugin, but it don't works when Miranda NG loaded at startup, until I login manually.
Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2 64bit
Miranda NG v0.96.4.1 64bit

Offline watcher

« Reply #3 on: 19 01 2015, 08:38:23 »
wor123, because keepstatus is for reconnecting. Use startupstatus or just set global status (from tray icon) to online - this will work as well.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline AnrDaemon

« Reply #4 on: 19 01 2015, 12:57:02 »
I have KeepStatus, and it always keep me connected. Regardless of circumstances.

Offline watcher

« Reply #5 on: 19 01 2015, 13:21:28 »
AnrDaemon, KeepStatus does not connect you on Miranda start, you may think that it does, but it's not. You may have just set global status online.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline AnrDaemon

« Reply #6 on: 19 01 2015, 13:47:39 »
Rather, I never set it offline. KeepStatus tracking the changes to protocol statuses and only stop reconnecting, if the change was manual.

Offline watcher

« Reply #7 on: 19 01 2015, 13:57:40 »
AnrDaemon, once again - keepstatus DOES NOT set Miranda statuses online on start - stop misinforming other users.
Please read forum rules.

Offline AnrDaemon

« Reply #8 on: 20 01 2015, 01:40:21 »
I know it doesn't do that. However, it will keep trying to restore last manually set status. Which, in my case, amounts for the same effect.

Offline Mataes

« Reply #9 on: 20 01 2015, 04:59:53 »
NO!!! You are not right. Keepstatus doesn't restore last status at startup. it restore connection when it lost it.

Offline AnrDaemon

« Reply #10 on: 20 01 2015, 08:59:05 »
Where in my posts do you see "last status" ?
I specificaly said "last manually set status". And it doesn't do that on startup, it do that continuously, regardless of the startups.

Offline Mataes

« Reply #11 on: 20 01 2015, 09:03:07 »
coz this topic about Windows startup and you write that for you keepstatus doing something, it is not right. If so you can write here about tabsrmm for example...

Offline AnrDaemon

« Reply #12 on: 20 01 2015, 09:36:22 »
May be you could stop trying to disapprove so fervently, and start reading?
I'll try to explain it very slow.
1. Miranda startup has nothing to do with Windows startup. It don't know, neither care, if the system was just started, or was running for weeks.
2. KeepStatus has nothing to do with setting protocol status on Miranda startup. KeepStatus doing exactly what is implied from the name. It is trying to keep last manually set status for selected protocols. If that means changing their status, it will do so.
3. When Miranda shutdown (manually, or due to closed user session), the status change is not recognized as manually set, even though Miranda will try to set all protocols offline before exit.
4. When you next start Miranda, it will try to set protocols to a last known status once. By itself. Or at least that was the behavior back in the days.
5. Regardless of that happening, KeepStatus will check protocols and try to restore their status. Continuously.

Offline watcher

« Reply #13 on: 20 01 2015, 09:40:00 »
4. When you next start Miranda, it will try to set protocols to a last known status once. By itself. Or at least that was the behavior back in the days.

It does not do that. Startupstatus does exactly that.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Mataes

« Reply #14 on: 20 01 2015, 09:41:17 »
ahaha)))
for what you write about keepstatus here?
for protocol connection on startup you should use StartupStatus plugin or use global status. You don't know how miranda work...