Author Topic: Whatsapp registration issue  (Read 10439 times)

Offline Zack_21

Whatsapp registration issue
« on: 13 01 2015, 09:49:19 »
Hi,

I am a new user here and downloaded the IM yesterday. When I try to access whatsapp through the IM, it shows a field where I have to input the phone number with the country code and the number, with the two options being request code and register code.

However the area where I have to input the sms code stays greyed out and I am unable to input any code.

Also I am unable to see any option where I can directly input the password from a previous whatsapp registration.

How should I proceed ?

Offline wobeco

Re: Whatsapp registration issue
« Reply #1 on: 14 01 2015, 19:55:31 »
same to me  :o
anyone with any helpfull link or advice?
thx.

Offline Zack_21

« Reply #2 on: 15 01 2015, 19:06:20 »
Also, from yesterday, when I deactivate and activate the whatsapp connection in Accounts I am getting "unable to get Netlib connection for whatsapp".

What does that mean ? Am I missing some plugin ?

Offline watcher

« Reply #3 on: 15 01 2015, 20:40:47 »
WhatsApp registration is broken now, please wait until we get a new not banned ID for getting passwords. This is all the info i have for now.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline watcher

« Reply #4 on: 15 01 2015, 20:54:38 »
Also I am unable to see any option where I can directly input the password from a previous whatsapp registration.

Try using Database Editor.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline Zack_21

« Reply #5 on: 16 01 2015, 08:40:01 »
Database Editor ?

Is it something in built into Miranda or I download it from somewhere else ?

Offline Vulpix

« Reply #6 on: 16 01 2015, 10:00:16 »

Offline Zack_21

« Reply #7 on: 16 01 2015, 13:23:17 »
OK, so I've got the plugin and now it shows as Database Editor++ in the Database section of "Options" .

But when I go back to accounts and click on "Whatsapp", I still don't see any place to input a username or a password for whatsapp from a previous registration ?

Offline wobeco

« Reply #8 on: 16 01 2015, 14:56:23 »
mhhh .. installed the database-editor++ - edited the WhatsApp_1 entries as followed
- CountryCode: 49 (i.e. germany, right format?)
- Device ID: former given code (all of the tried formats failed: neither xxx-xxx nor xxxxxx nor xxx[blank]xxx )
- Login: mobile number without leading '0' like 178......

none of this changes succeeded - with every status-change to 'online' the system prompted 'pls. enter your passwort' ... without any dialog to do so
what went wrong?

MPK

« Reply #9 on: 16 01 2015, 16:53:17 »
mhhh .. installed the database-editor++ - edited the WhatsApp_1 entries as followed
- CountryCode: 49 (i.e. germany, right format?)
- Device ID: former given code (all of the tried formats failed: neither xxx-xxx nor xxxxxx nor xxx[blank]xxx )
- Login: mobile number without leading '0' like 178......

none of this changes succeeded - with every status-change to 'online' the system prompted 'pls. enter your passwort' ... without any dialog to do so
what went wrong?

the 49 has the right format. But where do you have the Device id from? The way you put it it more looks like you are trying to input the code received by mail. That does not work. You would need the code from your old miranda DB. Same for Password btw.

So if you dont have the old DB entry and as long as whatsap registration is broken (4th post) you are unable to register for now.

Offline wobeco

« Reply #10 on: 16 01 2015, 17:53:55 »
...you are trying to input the code received by mail
you're rigth with that  ???
any idea for how long we've to be patient for a solution?

Offline dartraiden

« Reply #11 on: 29 11 2017, 12:35:48 »
WhatsApp plugin is deprecated.