Author Topic: Game Query plugin  (Read 5145 times)

Offline ER

Game Query plugin
« on: 11 01 2015, 19:18:35 »
Hello,

I'm new at this forum, but I've been using Miranda IM, when it was in versions 0.6 up to 0.8, because I started not to like things going on. But now i really like the revived Miranda NG.

I remember the past, and i wish if it is possible still to revive the GameQuery plugin, URL found here: http://addons.miranda-im.org/details.php?action=viewfile&id=3838 ?

The source code is still available, maybe if there are some instructions on how to convert [rebuild] it for Miranda NG, i can contribute?

Offline Robyer

Re: Game Query plugin
« Reply #1 on: 12 01 2015, 08:47:51 »
maybe if there are some instructions on how to convert [rebuild] it for Miranda NG, i can contribute?
Do you have programming skills?
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline ER

« Reply #2 on: 13 01 2015, 00:52:34 »
I can navigate myself in the code, if there's a comprehensive guide what to do.

Generally working on embedded systems (ie. assembler and stuff) but i would give a try...

Offline Robyer

« Reply #3 on: 13 01 2015, 06:21:52 »
Basically you need:
1) checkout SVN/GIT repository
2) place plugin sources to correct folder (trunk/plugins/)
3) open plugin solution in Visual Studio 2010/2013 (at least Express version)
4) fix project setup (especially include paths - you can copy them from another working plugin)
5) fix Miranda includes in sources to use our own (i.e. change #include "headers/m_something.h" or similar to format #include <m_something.h>) and delete these files from distribution with plugin
6) try to compile plugin and then fix errors one by one - mostly API changes (renamed/replaced methods - for example DBWriteContactSettingString() -> db_set_s(), constants, replaced some CallService(...) with direct method replacement, etc.)
But it's easier when you know the API changes so you don't need to search for it in other plugins... AFAIK unfortunately we don't have any API changes list.

I could adapt it for you, but only after exams (begin of february), maybe someone else could do it sooner :-) (or you can try it for yourself if you need)
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline ER

« Reply #4 on: 13 01 2015, 22:44:23 »
Thanks for the guide! Why not even make a topic for others willing to adapt other plugins?

Yeah, i too have exams now. I can see what I'll do. Point 6 is really nasty for the changes list :). But really it should be replacing strings.

Offline White-Tiger

• Developer
  • SendSS maintainer
« Reply #5 on: 13 01 2015, 23:01:26 »
Well... you could write down all the changes you've made :P
So we get a list for future "imports"^^

It's mostly really search and replace... that's what I remember from my last time. So basically even a "IM compatibility" header works for 80-90% if using the right defines.

Offline Robyer

« Reply #6 on: 14 01 2015, 03:39:31 »
Such page with all changes on wiki would be great. But someone has to keep track of changes and keeping it updated. I certainly don't remember all the changes and proper replacements. :-)

But feel free to start with this list, White-Tiger  ;)