Author Topic: Version 0.95.3 incorporates the major roadmap's miles­tone: improved import  (Read 10761 times)

Offline watcher

0.95.3 incorporates the major roadmap's miles­tone: improved profile import with automatic/manual account scheduling.

Also in this build:
  • - Ability to convert the single profile in automatic mode, without launching Profile Manager.
    - Significantly improved VK & Facebook plugins.
    - Brand new Actman v.3 plugin.
    - Several new plugins added: WhatsApp, Steam, Dummy & IEHistory.
    - SkypeKit-based plugin moved to deprecated, because Microsoft discontinued its support.
    - VersionInfo plugin replaced with CrashDumper.
    - WART utility removed from WhatsApp plugin.
    - Fix for logging into MSN.
    - PluginUpdater: warning if the server is not available.

Extended changelog is here.

x86 Stable Core Build ........... x86 Stable Installer ........... x86 Stable Debug Symbols

x64 Stable Core Build ........... x64 Stable Installer ........... x64 Stable Debug Symbols

Plugin list - all the rest of the plugins!
« Last Edit: 10 05 2015, 17:53:06 by Wishmaster »
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline rand256

SkypeKit-based plugin moved to deprecated, because Microsoft discontinued its support.
So now it isn't listed in plugin list even if its dll files are still located in plugins directory. Fine! So how do you propose to use this plugin now? Do you force users interested in it to stay on previous Miranda-NG version and never updade again? By the way, where do I get 0.95.2 distibutive now as silly updater replaced 0.95.2 executables without any backup? All the links here - http://forum.miranda-ng.org/index.php?topic=2437.0 - are dead. And here - http://miranda-ng.org/distr/ - only 0.94 version before 0.95.3 is present. Looks like there's simply no tracks of 0.95.2 anymore. Are you kidding?

Yes, it is clearly fine that you mark that plugin as deprecated and won't make any changes or updates to it etc. It's ok.
But why the hell do you think that you are allowed to completely disable it for every user who has it installed?
« Last Edit: 11 01 2015, 07:55:19 by rand256 »

Offline watcher

Yes, it is clearly fine that you mark that plugin as deprecated and won't make any changes or updates to it etc. It's ok.
But why the hell do you think that you are allowed to completely disable it for every user who has it installed?

We are not planing on supporting deprecated plugin and being unsupported it will cause crashes sooner or later. You are also can't use old plugin on old core - read our WIKI - Miranda NG's binaries are compatible with it's core only within one build (it might work longer - but guarantee is within one build). Use Dummy protocol to keep your history - http://wiki.miranda-ng.org/index.php?title=Plugin:Dummy/en

Post Merge: 11 01 2015, 08:16:10
? By the way, where do I get 0.95.2 distibutive now as silly updater replaced 0.95.2 executables without any backup?

And rightfully so - because it might and will cause crashes on 0.95.3.

Post Merge: 11 01 2015, 08:21:11
And here - http://miranda-ng.org/distr/ - only 0.94 version before 0.95.3 is present. Looks like there's simply no tracks of 0.95.2 anymore.

The deprecated versions are not for distribution - it's for internal use only.

Post Merge: 11 01 2015, 08:27:38
You also have Plugin Updates\Bacup folder where it keeps old binaries until 5 restarts.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline rand256

Thanks for your extremely helpful reply.
Please provide a link to 0.95.2 version download if possible.

Offline watcher

Please provide a link to 0.95.2 version download if possible.

What for if i might ask? It god erased be accident. Not sure if i can recreate it as it was.
Please read forum rules.

Offline rand256

What for if i might ask?
Ok. I mainly use Miranda-NG for ICQ and XMPP. From time to time however I need to login to Skype network. I don't want MS crapware installed on my PC for such rare occasional usage, so I used skypekit plugin for Miranda for that purpose. Also it is quiet handy to have all the history in one place. And it worked good enough for me (lately - with noid version, yes). Most of the time I had skype plugin disabled and manually enabled it when it was needed. And today I surprisingly found out that 0.95.3 just ignores skype plugin and it can't be enabled anymore. And I have no backups left as Miranda had beed restarted more than 5 times since the latest upgrade. So... I wanted to download 0.95.2 to rollback/downgrade to it. But now it seems that version doesn't exist anymore in this universe.

It god erased be accident. Not sure if i can recreate it as it was.
To sum up: it looks like the only solution is to downgrade to 0.94, and I probably should hurry to download it as it might also be erased by some other accident. Well, that's great. Thank you.

Offline Robyer

So now it isn't listed in plugin list even if its dll files are still located in plugins directory. Fine! So how do you propose to use this plugin now?
AFAIK Skype plugin (with Skypekit) ceased to work due to Microsoft blocked login from such clients. Only way was to patching our plugin and replacing "certificate" and/or whole skypekit binary with older/patched version.

Why should we distribute completely broken plugin that wouldn't work for 99.99 % people? (unless they use untrusted binaries and/or play with hex editor etc.)

If you're advanced enough to patch skype and skypekit binaries then you're probably advanced enough to stop whining and compile your own Miranda core without condition that blocks skype from being loaded... But probably it will cause you crashes as this plugin hasn't been updated for new core.

Do you force users interested in it to stay on previous Miranda-NG version and never updade again?
Blame Microsoft.

Looks like there's simply no tracks of 0.95.2 anymore. Are you kidding?
You can always compile virtually any version by yourself - all sources are in SVN/Git repository. But I agree it would be better to keep at least one older released version for download.

You answered yourself in first sentence. If we won't update (and release new builds) some plugin, it can't be used with new version of core and other plugins as watcher mentioned. It will work only if there are no bigger api changes in core (or other plugins) anymore.
« Last Edit: 11 01 2015, 09:46:39 by Robyer »
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline watcher

To sum up: it looks like the only solution is to downgrade to 0.94, and I probably should hurry to download it as it might also be erased by some other accident. Well, that's great. Thank you.

The deprecated folder was for me alone for my internal usage only - it is opened to public by chance. You can't blame someone for taking something that wasn't there for him in a first place.
But waith for hour or so - i might be able to re-build 0.95.2 - i'll write here if i succeeded or not.

Post Merge: 11 01 2015, 09:58:17

You can't - profile is converted to 0.95 format and  incompatible with 0.94.
Please read forum rules.

Offline rand256

If you're advanced enough to patch skype and skypekit binaries then you're probably advanced enough to stop whining and compile your own
Finally, build-it-youself-if-you-re-so-smart comments made it to this thread - I was guessing how long it would take them to appear.
Well, I probably should say thank you for repeating Miranda devs' arguments once again, I've already get it.

The only question left is the reasons for deleting every single previous build. What's the problem of keepeng 2-3 prev builds available? Miranda project is so run of hosting space? Then a lot of cloud storages exist, even free ones. Why delete?

You can't - profile is converted to 0.95 format and  incompatible with 0.94.
I was afraid of that. Well, that's a bit expected, though.

But waith for hour or so - i might be able to re-build 0.95.2 - i'll write here if i succeeded or not.
Thanks.

Offline watcher

The only question left is the reasons for deleting every single previous build. What's the problem of keepeng 2-3 prev builds available? Miranda project is so run of hosting space? Then a lot of cloud storages exist, even free ones. Why delete?

By accident - as i told you earlier.
Please read forum rules.

Offline rand256

By accident - as i told earlier.
I supposed accidental deletion was mentioned regarding some of your local storage, not site storage. As I can remember a couple years back I've also tried to find some previous builds but the only version available was the latest one. So I assumed that removal (from public) of all the versions except the latest was intentional decision. Moreover, currently some previous builds can only be found in deprecated directory and, as you've already said, the deprecated directory is there for your internal usage only and is available for public by, well, an accident.
« Last Edit: 11 01 2015, 10:28:36 by rand256 »

Offline watcher

We don't encourage nor give support to older version, we ask users to update to latest to get support, deprecated folder is only kept for some debugging.
Please read forum rules.

Offline watcher

Please read forum rules.

Offline rand256

We don't encourage nor give support to older version, we ask users to update to latest to get support, deprecated folder is only kept for some debugging.
Yes, and that is the problem. Are you definitely sure that the latest version is always the best possible version? Are you definitely sure that there can't be any unnoticed regressions? It's not a matter of encouragement or support. It is just a good practice to leave some of the previous builds available for public download in case of whatever issues might be revealed with the latest build. And probably placed not in the folder labeled for internal debugging only.

Nevertheless - 0.95.2 is restored in deprecated folder.
Great, thank you very much.

Offline watcher

Are you definitely sure that the latest version is always the best possible version? Are you definitely sure that there can't be any unnoticed regressions? It's not a matter of encouragement or support.

With 5 coders and 2 supporters and very low feedback from community you just can't do it the other way.
Please read forum rules.