Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > News

Version 0.95.3 incorporates the major roadmap's milesĀ­tone: improved import

<< < (2/3) > >>

rand256:

--- Quote from: watcher on 11 01 2015, 09:17:07 ---What for if i might ask?
--- End quote ---
Ok. I mainly use Miranda-NG for ICQ and XMPP. From time to time however I need to login to Skype network. I don't want MS crapware installed on my PC for such rare occasional usage, so I used skypekit plugin for Miranda for that purpose. Also it is quiet handy to have all the history in one place. And it worked good enough for me (lately - with noid version, yes). Most of the time I had skype plugin disabled and manually enabled it when it was needed. And today I surprisingly found out that 0.95.3 just ignores skype plugin and it can't be enabled anymore. And I have no backups left as Miranda had beed restarted more than 5 times since the latest upgrade. So... I wanted to download 0.95.2 to rollback/downgrade to it. But now it seems that version doesn't exist anymore in this universe.

--- Quote from: watcher on 11 01 2015, 09:17:07 ---It god erased be accident. Not sure if i can recreate it as it was.
--- End quote ---
To sum up: it looks like the only solution is to downgrade to 0.94, and I probably should hurry to download it as it might also be erased by some other accident. Well, that's great. Thank you.

Robyer:

--- Quote from: rand256 on 11 01 2015, 07:52:35 ---So now it isn't listed in plugin list even if its dll files are still located in plugins directory. Fine! So how do you propose to use this plugin now?
--- End quote ---
AFAIK Skype plugin (with Skypekit) ceased to work due to Microsoft blocked login from such clients. Only way was to patching our plugin and replacing "certificate" and/or whole skypekit binary with older/patched version.

Why should we distribute completely broken plugin that wouldn't work for 99.99 % people? (unless they use untrusted binaries and/or play with hex editor etc.)

If you're advanced enough to patch skype and skypekit binaries then you're probably advanced enough to stop whining and compile your own Miranda core without condition that blocks skype from being loaded... But probably it will cause you crashes as this plugin hasn't been updated for new core.

--- Quote from: rand256 on 11 01 2015, 07:52:35 ---Do you force users interested in it to stay on previous Miranda-NG version and never updade again?
--- End quote ---
Blame Microsoft.

--- Quote from: rand256 on 11 01 2015, 07:52:35 ---Looks like there's simply no tracks of 0.95.2 anymore. Are you kidding?
--- End quote ---
You can always compile virtually any version by yourself - all sources are in SVN/Git repository. But I agree it would be better to keep at least one older released version for download.

--- Quote from: rand256 on 11 01 2015, 07:52:35 ---Yes, it is clearly fine that you mark that plugin as deprecated and won't make any changes or updates to it etc. It's ok.
But why the hell do you think that you are allowed to completely disable it for every user who has it installed?

--- End quote ---
You answered yourself in first sentence. If we won't update (and release new builds) some plugin, it can't be used with new version of core and other plugins as watcher mentioned. It will work only if there are no bigger api changes in core (or other plugins) anymore.

watcher:

--- Quote from: rand256 on 11 01 2015, 09:38:40 ---To sum up: it looks like the only solution is to downgrade to 0.94, and I probably should hurry to download it as it might also be erased by some other accident. Well, that's great. Thank you.
--- End quote ---

The deprecated folder was for me alone for my internal usage only - it is opened to public by chance. You can't blame someone for taking something that wasn't there for him in a first place.
But waith for hour or so - i might be able to re-build 0.95.2 - i'll write here if i succeeded or not.
Post Merge: 11 01 2015, 09:58:17
--- Quote from: rand256 on 11 01 2015, 09:38:40 ---To sum up: it looks like the only solution is to downgrade to 0.94, and I probably should hurry to download it as it might also be erased by some other accident. Well, that's great. Thank you.
--- End quote ---

You can't - profile is converted to 0.95 format and  incompatible with 0.94.

rand256:

--- Quote from: Robyer on 11 01 2015, 09:44:23 ---If you're advanced enough to patch skype and skypekit binaries then you're probably advanced enough to stop whining and compile your own
--- End quote ---
Finally, build-it-youself-if-you-re-so-smart comments made it to this thread - I was guessing how long it would take them to appear.
Well, I probably should say thank you for repeating Miranda devs' arguments once again, I've already get it.

The only question left is the reasons for deleting every single previous build. What's the problem of keepeng 2-3 prev builds available? Miranda project is so run of hosting space? Then a lot of cloud storages exist, even free ones. Why delete?

--- Quote from: watcher on 11 01 2015, 09:56:00 ---You can't - profile is converted to 0.95 format and  incompatible with 0.94.
--- End quote ---
I was afraid of that. Well, that's a bit expected, though.

--- Quote from: watcher on 11 01 2015, 09:56:00 ---But waith for hour or so - i might be able to re-build 0.95.2 - i'll write here if i succeeded or not.
--- End quote ---
Thanks.

watcher:

--- Quote from: rand256 on 11 01 2015, 10:03:47 ---The only question left is the reasons for deleting every single previous build. What's the problem of keepeng 2-3 prev builds available? Miranda project is so run of hosting space? Then a lot of cloud storages exist, even free ones. Why delete?

--- End quote ---

By accident - as i told you earlier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version