Forum for English speaking Miranda NG users > News

Version 0.95.3 incorporates the major roadmap's milesĀ­tone: improved import

<< < (3/3)

rand256:

--- Quote from: watcher on 11 01 2015, 10:13:54 ---By accident - as i told earlier.
--- End quote ---
I supposed accidental deletion was mentioned regarding some of your local storage, not site storage. As I can remember a couple years back I've also tried to find some previous builds but the only version available was the latest one. So I assumed that removal (from public) of all the versions except the latest was intentional decision. Moreover, currently some previous builds can only be found in deprecated directory and, as you've already said, the deprecated directory is there for your internal usage only and is available for public by, well, an accident.

watcher:
We don't encourage nor give support to older version, we ask users to update to latest to get support, deprecated folder is only kept for some debugging.

watcher:
Nevertheless - 0.95.2 is restored in deprecated folder.

rand256:

--- Quote from: watcher on 11 01 2015, 10:29:58 ---We don't encourage nor give support to older version, we ask users to update to latest to get support, deprecated folder is only kept for some debugging.
--- End quote ---
Yes, and that is the problem. Are you definitely sure that the latest version is always the best possible version? Are you definitely sure that there can't be any unnoticed regressions? It's not a matter of encouragement or support. It is just a good practice to leave some of the previous builds available for public download in case of whatever issues might be revealed with the latest build. And probably placed not in the folder labeled for internal debugging only.

--- Quote from: watcher on 11 01 2015, 10:32:17 ---Nevertheless - 0.95.2 is restored in deprecated folder.
--- End quote ---
Great, thank you very much.

watcher:

--- Quote from: rand256 on 11 01 2015, 10:37:15 --- Are you definitely sure that the latest version is always the best possible version? Are you definitely sure that there can't be any unnoticed regressions? It's not a matter of encouragement or support.
--- End quote ---

With 5 coders and 2 supporters and very low feedback from community you just can't do it the other way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version