Author Topic: SkypeClassic plugin don't seems to save history of sent messages  (Read 3354 times)

Offline wor123

Hello:
Since Skype client updating to version 7, with its new interface, I've problems with SkypeClassic plugin: When I send a message to a Skype user either with Skype client or SkypeClassic plugin at Miranda NG, the sent messages, appears only in Skype client and not appears in SkypeClassic plugin.
What causes the problem?
Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2 64bit
Miranda NG v0.96.4.1 64bit

Offline Wishmaster

Yes, we know, it's a problem of newer Skype versions, which don't send SENT-notifications anymore.

The only thing we can do is to add an option to ignore them completly. Someone would have to merge r1966 and r1967 from leecher's repo. I can do it when I'm at home (8th of January).

Unfirtunately, it doesn't quite make sense to continue devekopment of the plugin under thowe circumstances. :(

Offline White-Tiger

• Developer
  • SendSS maintainer
Wishmaster, why doesn't he contribute directly?
Anyway, a sync should start at r1964 since that's the first new revision after last sync with r1963 by Robyer

Offline Robyer

White-Tiger, because he uses Miranda IM and wants to maintain backward compatibility and compiling for IM and NG from same sources. But we don't want any IM mess here so we're merging his changes into NG manually by ourselves.
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Wishmaster

Wishmaster, why doesn't he contribute directly?
Because he wants to work in C, after we changed it to C++. And because he wants to keep Miranda IM support.
Anyway, a sync should start at r1964 since that's the first new revision after last sync with r1963 by Robyer
R1964 doesn't have much things important to us (e.g. compiler directive we shouldn't use in release build) and since Skype gets more and more broken I'm not sure if we should invest too much work in it.

Offline White-Tiger

• Developer
  • SendSS maintainer
[...]
R1964 doesn't have much things important to us (e.g. compiler directive we shouldn't use in release build) and since Skype gets more and more broken I'm not sure if we should invest too much work in it.
So file-transfers and avatars ain't needed? Guess users would say something different :P

Offline Wishmaster

So file-transfers and avatars ain't needed? Guess users would say something different :P
No, because it is just for SkypeProxy, not for a local Skype installation.
You would have to run your own SkypeProxy to make use of it. It already works for local Skype installation.
I think I could even remove SkypeProxy support completly and no one would even notice. :)

EDIT: Ok, done that. now SENT-notifications are disabled by default.
« Last Edit: 11 01 2015, 12:20:53 by Wishmaster »