Author Topic: Omegle protocol  (Read 13778 times)

Offline Dimsok

• Miranda VI: Version Info
Omegle protocol
« on: 25 12 2014, 08:33:29 »
I have seen that plugin has updated recently a few times. Where i can the the log of changes? And i would ask of it's developer - is it possible to implement captcha input in miranda? And is it possible to make some buttons, for example connect instead of inputting /new etc?

Offline Robyer

Re: Omegle protocol
« Reply #1 on: 25 12 2014, 09:57:50 »
I have seen that plugin has updated recently a few times. Where i can the the log of changes?
Here: http://trac.miranda-ng.org/log/trunk/protocols/Omegle , you can also use RSS channel (from same page) for getting these changes immediatelly to your rss/email reader.

And i would ask of it's developer - is it possible to implement captcha input in miranda? And is it possible to make some buttons, for example connect instead of inputting /new etc?
Yes, captcha should be possible - same as I did it in Facebook plugin.
Yes, buttons are possible, at least in TabSRMM, I wanted to do it already but never finished it. Also I should add items into contact menu of that contact (chatroom).

Could you create feature requests on our tracker (one for captcha, other for buttons, etc.) so we won't forget about it? I don't have time to implement it in near weeks or months though...
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Dimsok

« Reply #2 on: 25 12 2014, 15:06:27 »
I don't have time to implement it in near weeks or months though...

Hope not in near years

Offline Robyer

« Reply #3 on: 25 12 2014, 20:23:11 »
Hope not in near years
After my exams in school I should have time for that (in february). So if you remind me then, it won't take years :-)

(or anyone else can do it and send me a patch, I'll gladly merge it)
I was developing mainly Facebook, Omegle, Steam, Dummy and MobileState plugins. Now I'm retired. Goodbye, everyone. ~ You can still find me on Facebook.

Offline Dimsok

« Reply #4 on: 26 12 2014, 00:15:16 »
Good, Hope you will get the highest scores, but will not be too much  :DRINK: cause of it

Offline Dimsok

« Reply #5 on: 29 12 2014, 19:22:58 »
There is abandoned project on java - omelgespy. Alas storage with sources is unavailable, but maybe it could be find anyone else. If so, maybe in in future it will be possible to make spy mode plugin. But i dont know how is diffucult to translate from one program language to other

Offline Robyer

« Reply #6 on: 29 12 2014, 20:46:12 »
We don't need their sources. Doing this is simple, you just make connection to 2 strangers and resend messages from one to another :-) But they are checking this on Omegle (number of connections from your IP or something like that) and then show captcha codes. So it's not very usable.

But I don't want to do this spying. It's not very nice to do, is it? :-)

Offline Dimsok

« Reply #7 on: 08 01 2015, 08:16:33 »
But I don't want to do this spying. It's not very nice to do, is it?
Indeed. I would like to see all chat log saved in history

Offline Robyer

« Reply #8 on: 08 01 2015, 08:25:22 »
I would like to see all chat log saved in history
Group chats can't be logged to profile *.dat file (i.e. history for classic contacts), only to .txt files. You can enable this logging in Options / Messaging / Group chats / Logging (something like that, I'm just guessing).

Offline Dimsok

« Reply #9 on: 08 01 2015, 14:18:37 »
Thanks for reply. I will try

Offline xaos

« Reply #10 on: 16 03 2015, 06:01:32 »
Omegle Crash - random number of disconnects/reconnects and random length of chat session ... third time it's happend in three consecutive tries ...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: 16 03 2015, 06:11:13 by xaos »

Offline Robyer

« Reply #11 on: 16 03 2015, 07:23:29 »
xaos, you need debug symbols to create useful crashreport.

Offline xaos

« Reply #12 on: 17 03 2015, 20:52:42 »
unfortunately, since the most recent update, it seems the crash won't reproduce itself. i have grabbed the debug symbols for Omegle so IF it happens again, the crashlog should hopefully be more useful, (unless of course the debug symbols for the rest of the plugins in use are also needed) ...

Offline Dimsok

« Reply #13 on: 18 05 2015, 20:39:46 »
Something updated, that make first letter from stranger ugly. For example for russian u043ивет, u0435ще. What is it?!

Offline Dimsok

« Reply #14 on: 18 05 2015, 20:58:10 »
In english i can't see the first letter at all? Who has stole it? Nice game called "Guess, which letter should be here"