Author Topic: importing from old Skype  (Read 2696 times)

Offline elaci0

importing from old Skype
« on: 15 11 2014, 22:36:06 »
erhm.. :-[ sorry for bothering again with this topic but  after almost one year of converting all my  miranda-im databases (yes I have many..) I am now stuck with a new problem: skype.
I don't know how to import ALL(old and new)  the contact list and messages.
a) If I do "import"from the main menu, it complains about "SKYPE was not loaded"  and nothing happens.
b) If I simply start  miranda-NG   it works loading everything  but  all contacts are saved into SkypeKIT  which is not connecting anymore.
c) If I don't use skypeKIT but  skypeClassic  it loads only the running list, but I am missing some contacts that probably have been deleted by owners in the years but for which I want to keep histories.

I tried importing in SkypeKit  and changing later the  Protocol  with  dbeditor++, but of course it does not work.
if skypeKIT is not wokring and has been decided not to support it anymore, why don't let mirandaNG  import directly in skypeClassic? or rename  skypeClassic to SKYPE ?

thanks!

Offline watcher

Re: importing from old Skype
« Reply #1 on: 15 11 2014, 22:40:15 »
Dummy protocol was created for keeping history of obsolete protocols.
Пожалуйста, внимательно прочтите правила постинга перед тем, как открыть новую тему.
Please read forum rules.

Offline elaci0

Re: importing from old Skype
« Reply #2 on: 17 11 2014, 18:28:49 »
thanks, I will give it a try!
anyhow why not change the default behaviour of  skypeClassic vs. SkypeKit while importing?